Wednesday, January 31, 2024

What Does Sick Feel Like For Me?

Getting up early is always... Monday to Sunday... But for these past few days... I'd get up and have my quiet time in bed with my Bible and devotional... I then fall back to sleep and wake up again and this time, I get up and go into the Study.

Now... with this illness, I've been going to bed at around 9pm and up at around 12:30, not because I want to, but because of the hacking cough. I'm back in bed and I fall asleep quickly, but I'm up again at around 3:30. The medicine has worn off or I need to go to the bathroom yet again! By 5am, I am up... in bed... and by 6:30, I'm up in my study.

I then have to fight to get Mom up. Why is that?

Because Snow White's 7 Dwarves have moved into my head and are mining for mucus nuggets, ear wax ores, or snot coal chunks. Ok, maybe not 7 of them as Sleepy went back to sleep. Then in my respiratory system, I've got the Minions working hard to move pellets up the trac and out of my mouth as I spit. When I look and I see that yellowish coloring, I wonder how many of them sacrificed their lives to bring that blob of sputum up what is most likely a long haul, similar to the last 12kms of my 63k run! They are working so hard because my bronchial is filled with these pellets... I can feel them when I cough. They won't dislodge... Those white blood cell Minions have to pry them off the bronchial wall... 

That's the closest I can describe as to what's going on with my body these days!

When Mom leaves, I clean up and by 9:05 or so, I'm back in bed, praying that I can sleep even just an hour without hacking!

Today, I worked on finishing up my Sunday ppt and handout and talk notes... and I rested.

At 11:45, I took off for a foot massage. I'm not usually a fan, but I bought the coupons and never used them. Today was the last day. I made an appointment for 12:15. It was absolutely amazing... and I got to talk to the lady... She grew up with a paternal grandmother who was a believer. But since her marriage (She's been married twice), she has not been close to Jesus. I encouraged her and I pray that she felt the Holy Spirit leading her back to God. Her parents are believers and she talks to them almost everyday.

I headed back at around 2:30 and went to WGE to walk the dreadmill and take a long hot shower! After a quick stop for soybean milk, I was home and as I put the bowl into the microwave, the phone rang. DANG IT! I was hoping to lay down for a few minutes... Oh well... 

I amde an appointment for Isaiah to try the place and use up the coupon. His appointment was at 19:00. 

I made a simple dinner for the next few nights: chicken, rice and spinach. Isaiah had some when he got back. Yes, he also enjoyed the foot massage!

Tomorrow is my Sabbath! YIPPY! 

Friday, I have a lunch appointment but I cancelled tutoring! YIPPY!

I used the rest of the evening to finish up the ppt and emailed it off! It will be a very small group of people this Sunday as people have started their Chinese New Year Vacation! 

One miracle that I do want to share is that I wanted chicken soup and just as I was at the massage place, being served a bowl of chicken soup, one of my Bible study gals messaged me: She asked her son to drop of a bowl of chicken soup for me... How astounding is that?!?!?!?!?!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I've been calling on the Holy Spirit to walk me through each day... And today, after the massage, I started to feel a bit better... like my nose wasn't so packed with stuff... and the dwarves were pounding so hard... and the hacking cough was intermittent (versus a constant horrible tickle!). I realized that how difficult it must be for some who have struggled with chronic illnesses... Like the throne in Paul's flesh... How they never experienced healing and learned to trust their Master!?!?!?! 

Amazing Grace... 

It Is Well With My Soul...

Seek Him First

Rom 5:3-4 Suffering Produces – Encouraging Bible Verses


3 comments: