Monday, January 29, 2024

Another Day Spent In Bed!

Well... I was up early... And then went back to bed after getting Mom OFF... Trust me... It is super difficult to get Mom ready when I'm sick... Everything task takes a bit ore strength! And this morning, she wasn't being very cooperative! Such is life!!!!!!!!!

I stayed in bed until 2pm, getting up a few times to drink more liquid or eat something. But at 2pm, I had to be off... Costco for cakes as it's Mom's birthday tomorrow. And I also wanted to get more medicine to really kill this bug that's gotten into my body!

The doctor near our place starts the clinic at 4pm. 

Costco was crazy... I can't believe how packed it was. I thought, is this a holiday??? I got two cakes, Kirkland tissue, milk and chips! I found a parking space right in front of the doctor's office. There was a long line... The numbers were called fairly quickly and I was finished by 4:40! I rushed home and heated up Mom's dinner, put away the items and the phone rang! Wow...

I had dinner and took the first packet of PILLS! I truly don't like Western medicine... my nose now feels completely dried out... BUT... I hope I sleep well tonight! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Well... the one thing that's been positive about having this cold is that I can't smell anything. That can be good and/or bad... I can't taste the food that I'm eating... BAD, as I have no appetite. I only eat because I know it's good for me to eat. I can't smell my Mom's diaper... GOOD, as I just hate that smell... not to mention I can't smell the poop either! SUPER GOOD!

So, in the midst of this current situation, I am learning to give thanks!

1 Thessalonians 5:18, in Everything Give Thanks, Inspirational Canvas Wall  Art Prints, Christian Home Decor, Scripture on Autumn Landscape - Etsy

Give thanks in all circumstances - The Bible - Faith PixelSeek Him First

Romans 5:4-5 - 88.3 The Journey 

7 comments:

  1. Yes lack of smell and taste is a Covid symptom. But if it’s been a week it may not show up now on a test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah also had no smell due to the congestion... Anyhow, tested... NOT COVID! The doctor said that this coughing situation has hit a lot of people in Taiwan! I mean A LOT OF PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang you guys have some bad bugs there !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mutated bugs that won't die!

    ReplyDelete