Sunday, July 3, 2022

Super Sunday...

At least for those in London... they got up early and waited in line for hours and got into Wimbledon! They are all watching different games... doubles, singles... I hope they get some good signatures. I'm sure they are having lots of memorable moments!

As for me... what can I say? It was hot!

I spoke this afternoon, and that's always a blessing. I love all the preparations for each message.

Annie was able to talk to Mom for 30 minutes. 

That gave me time to put in a load of laundry but not long enough to get much more done. That's the problem. You have to watch Mom all the time, unless I can strap her down. You can tell her a million and one times, not to get up or don't touch that... but with her dementia, she can't remember. That's why it's so frustrating. It was great at church as people will help keep an eye on her, especially when I have to speak or translate!

After Mom went to bed, I went to World Gym and did a treadmill walk. No running on Sunday!

The week looks very busy... three Bible study, full day on Wednesday... but I've decided to treat myself. Well... at least use up all the massage coupons. One place sent me a message -- it's been almost 30 months and I still haven't finished the last two sessions. I made an appointment and will go on Monday. And then I'm going to set aside time to go again... I have several coupons for another place that I have not used up and those were from 24 months ago! WHAT??? I have really been that busy. So, this summer, I'm going to set aside time to go! I don't speak again until July 24th! Then I translate twice in August and I'm off on my vacation... Of course, I have to call the long term facility, get Mom's physical and also her PCR. I am hoping that they won't require that come August! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

7 Highlights:

  1. Your past doesn’t define you. God defines you.
  2. Rejection is a vital part of life. How you handle rejection shows your true character.
  3. God is in the business of elevating the least likely! Never be too quick to dismiss someone’s potential.
  4. Blindness comes in different form.
  5. It’s never too late to fulfill God’s calling.
  6. God’s redemptive narrative doesn’t always happen the way we think or like.
  7. As God’s children, we are also His mighty warriors to honor and glorify Him.

Joshua 24:15
Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment