Thursday, July 7, 2022

Spending Money... Getting Things "Fixed"...

Happy Birthday Mini Donuts- 'Pastelation' – Dr. Dough Donuts

As soon as Mom left, I was out the door... the repair shop opens at 8am and I wanted them to look at that 'scratch' (maybe you don't recall when I was driving back and forth almost every day visiting Mom and I scratched the car just turning a corner in B1 of our garage complex... You know how exhausted I must have been!). I planned to get there early so that I can have the car back by Saturday. (They had told me that the typical length of time was three days!) So... to get it done, plus the front piece, 10,500NT$. I sent a message to Alan to ask for his opinion. I left the car and got an Ubike. I had to pick up Mom's medication. I had to check about a place that might fix the luggage wheel. I forgot to go by our old house to pay the 'trash' disposers. I got home and went out again. This time, I scootered to pay the neighbor at our old house who is responsible for the trash (1500NT$ for six months) and dropped off the luggage as I found a place that will fix it. He looked and gave me the cost for the repair: 700NT$ (he actually said 800$ but I asked for a discount. The same with the car.) I scootered back and bought another cup of coffee with my coupon. I have two more left!

Amy came over at 1pm. I lined Alan. He was up, so I plugged in the WiFi and we had time to pray together. It is his 64th birthday!!!!!!!!! He was planning to run and pick up the car -- a stick shift. They will then drive to several of the sights, traveling by car for the next five days before Alan and Abby head to the States! Please keep them in your prayers.

Amy and I worked on putting away the winter blankets and Mom's bed. That's always a big task. Then we did all the fans and the floor, especially around Mom's eating area. It was really FILTHY!

Amy left at 5pm and Mom was back at 5:10. (This morning I had to do another antigen test on Mom. They sent two more!)

I had tutoring at 7pm after Mom went to bed... and when that was finished, I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, it was already 10pm, so I walked to HiLife to pay the bill for Mom's Day Care Program and got two more coffees! I was too tired to go to World Gym. There was rain this afternoon, but I had no time to be out. I worked on my Bible study for tomorrow morning! There was a lot of homework, but I got it all finished! I had started it about two weeks ago, when I first got the book. The study is really excellent!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The book of Isaiah is truly about Redemption! The author made so many fine points and connections from Isaiah to the New Testament! The Holy One of Israel by Sarah Ivill.

Book of Isaiah

Here is a paragraph from her introduction:

The new covenant involved seven different promises. First, God promised His people would return to the land of promise. Second, God promised a restoration of the land. Third, God promised a realization of each of His previous promises to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David. Fourth, God promised a renewed heart. Fifth, God promised the removal of sin. Sixth, God promised a reunion of Israel and Judah under one ruler, Jesus Christ. Finally, God promised the realization of redemption.

Seek Him First!

What Does “Not Willing That Any Should Perish” Mean? A Commentary on 2  Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment