Thursday, July 14, 2022

A Get Things Done Day!

First I wanted to report that Alan and Abby have both arrived safely in LA. Alan had to rush to catch his flight from Denver to LAX. God did it. The lines at the Customs and Immigration were long, then to get his luggage and then recheck them in. Abby had a direct flight from London, which was about 10 hours. She had no check in. Abby arrived first and then Alan. Annie, the super sister in law and aunt, went and picked them up. I know it was a big sacrifice for her as she is usually in bed before 9pm. She also stocked the cupboards and fridge up with all their favorite sugary items! Plus chips and cereals. Abby lined me and we had a nice video chat! She showed me everything! Alan and I had time to pray and he was soon in bed. He started to have an allergy while he was in the UK. So, Annie had the necessary over the counter drug for him. Tomorrow, they are planning to play some tennis. Abby and I chatted and went through clothes that Suz, one of my best friends, had dropped off. Such nice stuff! Hopefully, Abby went to bed right after we hung up.

Amy, the helper, was to come, but she ate shrimp and had an allergic reaction. So, I ended up doing the cleaning and tidying up, plus I had so much stuff from people which had to be posted and given away! I had to turn on the AC in the afternoon as I sat to finish up my July 24th talk notes and ppt. Before Mom came back, I went over to the post office and also paid a bill. In addition, I received notice that Alan needed to update his records at the Taiwan Land and Property Office. It's bizarre as they updated his ID number but did not inform any of the agencies. So every agency has to be contacted. I forgot about this one! After several phone calls, that was settled. Then Soochow called. Abby and Alan turned in the wrong year for the scholarship application! They turned in the forms that was for 2019! I had to take photos of the 2022 forms and thankfully, the office accepted them, which meant I didn't have to make a trip to the university to hand things in! Mom was home right on time and I had dinner ready!

After she went to bed, I headed to World Gym as I wanted to try a class -- Gym and Run -- that started at 7:40 to 9:20, as it had a 30 minute stretch session. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Psalm 25:4-5 | Scripture verses, Psalms, Scripture quotes

What a timeless truth for today!

Seek Him First!

What Does “Not Willing That Any Should Perish” Mean? A Commentary on 2  Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment