Friday, July 8, 2022

New Bible Study... Taking Time To Rest!

The day went extremely fast... when I was at World Gym, I couldn't believe that I had to get home FAST... and sure enough, by the time I was towel drying myself, the phone rang. Mom was home!

I started a new Bible study. Then I took the time to continue the second lesson as the homework is quite intense. I was planning to run errands, but decided just to rest. That did my body good. 

The weather forecast said RAIN, but it never came. So, by 3:15, I rushed down to World Gym and got my dreadmill run in!

I called the car repair/body shop and I can pick up the car tomorrow at 5:30. So, I made an appointment for Mom to have a massage at 3:30. 

This evening, I did go out to run errands... ha, ha, ha... after Mom went to bed. I can't do that on the weekend... No one is home to keep an eye on Mom!

Daily Lovely Insight:

J.I. Packer wrote: 

We must honor God by our use of time, in a rhythm of toil and rest; six days for work crowned by one day for worship. God's claim on our sabbaths reminds us that all our time is his gift, to be given back to him and used for him. Satan wants to see every minute misused; it is for us to make every minute count for God. How? Not by a frenzied rushing to pack a quart of activity into a pint pot of time, but by an ordered lifestyle in which, within the set rhythm of toil and rest, work and worship, due time is allotted to sleep, family, wage earning, homemaking, prayer, recreation... so that we master time instead of being mastered by it.

I think this is sound advice!

Seek Him First!

The Living... — 2 Peter 3:9 (NIV) - The Lord is not slow in...

No comments:

Post a Comment