Monday, July 18, 2022

Early Every Day...

I get up early because I want that time with Jesus... plus, there is always tasks to get done before I get Mom up... From Monday to Friday, Mom is picked up by 8:30. On Wednesday, that's even earlier. On Saturday and Sunday, there is no Day Care Center, but I still can't have my Mom sleep all day, although sometimes, I'd like a day just to do nothing but sleep. No such luxury yet... And there is no help on the weekends, so I try to plan an 'outing' and go workout after Mom's in bed! I don't like to workout so late as it is more difficult to fall asleep... 

Another thing that has thrown a wrench into this equation is that my sweet family is now spread out over three time zones... Alan and Abby are in the States. Isaiah is in the UK and I'm here in Taiwan. So, this is what it looks like: If we want to have Family Time (which we have not since Alan left), 10pm Taiwan time is 3pm in the UK and 7am in Torrance! That means I don't go to bed until after 11pm. We usually unplug the WiFi at 11, but I've had to be on after 12 sometimes... just to be able to talk to them! Thus, I try to get a bit more sleep when I can... 

And if you've been reading my blog, you know that I have not been running outdoors. That has been quite helpful. Although it's boring, I run on the treadmill five days a week -- 8km each time. And I am starting to try different classes, since they are free and I have no tap dancing until the fall!

This Sunday will be my last talk until October. I will be translating for the speaker, but at least I don't have message prep. Tutoring has continued and of course, you know about my Wednesday full day at MOE. With all these things, my time each day flies by!

For example, today, I was up early and I didn't go to bed until 2:30am. After Mom went off, I went to try the Groove class... It was fun! Then tutoring from 10:30 to 12:15. I cleaned up the house and went back to WG to do the treadmill run. I rushed home and plugged in the WiFi, showered and started cooking for tomorrow's Bible study. A dear sister arrived at 3:30 for share and prayer time!

Mom was home... right on time! 

When she went to bed, Isaiah and I were on line to finish booking the rest of the transportation for our trip. Family time at 10pm and I was finally in bed by 12:30... very exhausted!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Isaiah 20:15 from YouVersion app | Isaiah 20, Bible apps, Youversion bible

Seek Him First!

What Does “Not Willing That Any Should Perish” Mean? A Commentary on 2  Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment