Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Another Long Day at the MOE... Longer Than Usual...

I arrived at work before 9am. YEAH!

But it was a day with so much happening... I turned on the computer and I had an article to edit. Then I wanted to prep for my class, but was pulled away with details for the Mother's Day Event! At 10:15, the supervisor wanted us upstairs to start setting up... Why do we need 45 minutes to set up?!?!?! But up we went... 

At 11, the event started and it finished at 12:10. I had class at 12:30. Alan was over at the National Health Insurance Office, so I ran over as he had brought a tablet that I had forgotten at home! I didn't get it fixed!

When class finished at 1:33, I barely had time to send the email to the students and rushed down to have Office Hours... I could barely keep my eyes opened... Two students and it was for more than an hour! I was back at my desk at 3:30, but the supervisor wanted me to go around the entire department and ask each employee a question or two in English. We had extra gifts, so she wanted to surprise them. Well... several of the ladies cried because they had lost their mother early in life... I was giving out hugs and praying for these wonderful people. One lady lost her mother 30 years ago when she was only 5. Still talking about it today, she cried! I wanted to stay and talk to each of them, but my supervisor kept rushing me on. Several of the employees thanked me for the dessert I make each week. 

I was back at my desk by 4:50, packing up to go home, when my assistant talked to me. They have found someone to take over for me... but that teacher is going to the States this summer. Can I continue until September? Yes, I can go to the States, but will I teach the next session from July 6th to August 30th? What can I say? So... June 7th will not be my last week. I will go in on June 14th, take two weeks off, and be back in the office on July 5th. I'm not sure if I am happy about extending my work at the MOE. But what can I do??? 

I went to World Gym Express and did a walk on the treadmill then worked out on three machines. I was just too exhausted to do more. I took a quick shower and sat in the sauna. That was super nice! 

I had tutoring at 8pm and prayer time with Alan at 9:30 and another sister at 9:45.

I was so ready for bed... It's going to be another early morning tomorrow... Maybe I will have time to sleep in... But that's only a dream...

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!
Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

2 comments: