Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Good Sunday!

We were all up early. Alan and Isaiah went to play tennis. I was able to go to World Gym and do a walk outside as well as a walk on the treadmill. Then I sat in the sauna and took a quick shower before heading home. Alan was already home as Isaiah went to play at Soochow with the alumni.

I got Mom up and she had breakfast! 

I worked on my first talk from Proverbs 13. I am going to just focus on this one chapter and use three perspectives: stewardship of our mouth, stewardship of our goods and stewardship of our time. I'm still working through these three main perspectives. There are so many nuggets of wisdom from that one chapter. I just want the people to grasp and apply. Please pray.

I have also started to prepare for my HOP talks. I'm going to use the words, Jesus Wept, to look at the heart of God and apply that to our lives.

Anyhow, we were out the door by 2:15 to pick up the guitar and then off to church. 

Isaiah led worship today. 

It was a wonderful service!

And I am going back to learn how to play the bongo drums. I had lessons when I was in elementary school and now I'd like to pick it up again. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Oh... after the service, the triathletes approached me. They'd like for me to try to run a sub 4... that means do a full marathon under 4 hours... YIKES!

I guess... with God, all things are possible!

Seek Him First!

3 comments:

  1. What does that mean black toes? Is that what your toes looked like after the last race? . Well yes, you must wear the right shoes and socks even if they are expensive, if that is what is needed to care for your body, be prepared to stop or go on, and know the difference and replacement socks and shoes if needed And listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black toes are caused by blood blisters under the toenails. If I had the guts to pop them, then the toe nails would have been saved. No black toes. But... I didn't have the guts. I did it two times and those toe nails are still 'white'.

    ReplyDelete