Thursday, October 12, 2023

Much Needed Sabbath!

I was up early... and just praising God for the cooler days during this season! I like it when it's cool and it's dark outside!

I went for my usual 10k and was back for Mom care!

After she took off, I used 30 minutes to tidy things up! I took down the clothes, did my plants, and then settled to read and rest!

At noon, I had fried rice! Then back to reading and resting and praying and thinking! 

Charles Finney's book is very thought provoking!

At 4:30, I made French toast for Alan and Isaiah!

At 5pm, I turned on the WiFi and Mom was home!

After she went to bed, I took off to WGE and finished up my chores!

At 8:45, I had my online Bible study!

Alan and Isaiah were home from basketball at Soochow!

A Sabbath rest was most refreshing!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Today I read Charles Finney's book, Experiencing the Presence of God. The chapter on Prevailing Prayer had many points that pushed me to contemplate! Here are some conditions of prevailing prayer:

Unselfishness

Entire and universal consecration to God

Perseverance

Travail of soul

Humility

A forgiving spirit

A truthful spirit

Consistent use of means

To mean what we say in prayer

Being watchful

Those are just 10 of his points. 

Seek Him First!

2 comments: