Monday, August 28, 2023

Splendid Monday...

Can I just keep using to describe each day of this week? It is the last few days of August! Splendid!

Before I go into talking about my day, I have been thinking, praying and researching about possible runs! Insane! I know! What led me to this is that my Tuesday evening Bible study gals were talking about having an outing to Jiaoxi. One of the gals found a marathon run and sent the link in our group. She proposed a schedule. They will hike starting at 9am and I can do the run starting at 6am. I'm like... how SPLENDID! The run is on a Saturday. The only hesitation is... yes you got it -- the care of my mom! I'd have to stay overnight as the run is about an hour and a half drive from Taipei! That run is on December 2nd. So... I thought... hey, I wonder if I can do another run on a Saturday also in December... I found nothing. But... there's a longer run on January 6th, also on a Saturday. It's an ultra... up and down YangMing Mountain. Very scenic run, 63k. It's actually 63.4k. (If it was 63.3k, I would have signed up immediately!) I have until 9/30 to decide. January 6th is doable as that's only a 20 minute scooter ride from our house and that starts at 5:30! Alan can help get my mom up and I should be home by 3pm!

OK... back to my day.

I was up early and made it out for my run by 5:03! Tomorrow, I'm going for 5:00! It was very hot even that early in the morning! I think that's going to be the situation for the next few weeks! The temperature isn't going down! I was back and after a shower, I sat and started working on my three talks for September. Here's the schedule:

September 16 -- Discipleship Training

September 17 -- Prayer Walk

September 24 -- The Two Unnamed Women from John 4 & John 8

And for the last three months of 2023, I will only be speaking once a month! Next year's schedule has not come out yet!

I got Mom up and out and sat back down. Then I got a message from my afternoon student -- she had to cancel. She wasn't feeling well! That gave me time to rest. And that's what I did! I took a long nap! SPLENDID!

I did go to WGE and then came home to work more on my talks. Alan was at school setting up his office. He has taken over an entire area... ha, ha, ha... 

Isaiah was at work and the company had their big 'baibai' for ghost month, but he wasn't forced to join it!

Tap starts next week... So, I had a free evening. SPLENDID! God really gave me an amazing day. Oh... Not only did my student cancel, the gal I usually pray with was out of town. So, she messaged me and asked to change to next week!

Daily Lovely Insight:

John 4:6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with  his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour.

Seek Him First!

3 comments:

  1. We get to look forward to cancellations now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... those are pleasant surprises...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan took up an entire area of where? The school or your apartment?

    ReplyDelete