Monday, August 7, 2023

Don't Plan Without God!

It was a long day... but when I surrender the day to God... it goes well...

I was up at 3:22 and we were out the door at 4:25. Alan didn't get gas and noticed that the tank was WAY LOW. YIKES!

We got to the airport and I had to drive home. The light went on as soon as I started the engine... and I'm praying the whole way back...

Alan's flight took off at 7:20 and they arrived in the Philippines and everyone is together! 

I got home at around 6am and I parked the car right by the gas station and went for a run. I first ran home to get my credit card as I had no money on me! I actually did a 10k and then got the tank filled up. 39liters of a 40 liter tank!

I was home and even had time to take a shower before I had to take care of Mom.

She went off and I got busy as I wanted to drop off a monitor for the gals at the Academic Sinica. So, I packed up clothing and computer items! I still have a lot more to give away! I will make another trip tomorrow!

Then I scootered over to meet up with a gal to purchase two pairs of her shoes. They were too big for me, but I still bought them. I will give them away. But it was really about meeting her. She was feeling hesitant about moving to Malaysia. Her husband is an American from Indiana who is a teacher and got a job at the international school there in KL. It was wonderful to talk to her. I've never met her until this afternoon!

Then I was off to head back to Neihu. I went to the old house and sorted through stuff that Alan brought from his office. The house was so hot. A couple from church came to look at the master bedroom as they will start renting in September! The place that they are living at needs to be renovated! It's going to take a lot of work as there is a leak! They will probably need to rent for a year as they bought a new place which won't be finished until September of 2024.

I then headed over to World Gym after dropping off a can of faulty whipped cream. The nozzle broke and we barely used it! The people were very nice. They will mail a new one to us.

Near the workout place is a shop with baked goods. I finally went in there and bought mint syrup and ready made pastry dough. I will bake on Wednesday for MOE. And the syrup is for church as I'm making all kinds of fun drinks for love cafe. I also went and bought fruit!

I was home by 4:40 and I had dinner in the crock pot and it was ready! Delicious. It's like chicken enchiladas!

After Mom went to bed, I took another shower. Being out all day on my scooter, I really got dark! I thought it was just dirt! This evening, I blogged, prayed with two sisters at 8pm, and headed to bed. It's going to be another long day tomorrow!

Oh... the MOE wanted me to work two extra days... and it's while Alan is gone. I said yes to ONE more day!

Please do remember to pray for the Missions Team to the Philippines!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I've started to work on my next talk:

John 4:34

Seek Him First!

2 comments: