Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Last 60 MOE! (Minutes of English)

What a day... 

I was up early and ran and came home to get dinner going in the crock pot before getting Mom up.

Alan was home by 8:03, so I left for the "Office". I was there by 8:43!

I used the morning to write cards for the students! I had brought souvenirs for them. I wanted to share how life is a journey and we've spent this past year traveling together. And they'd take a souvenir as a reminder of our journey. I invited them to keep in touch with me and to consider John 3:16.

The class was so great. The topic was Current Events & Future Predictions. It was very sad to say goodbye. They all wanted me to be back. I can't believe the enthusiasm from them!

I had Office Hours and then I ate lunch! I wrote another "review email" to them, which is what I do every Wednesday! And then I had an article to edit. It was approved with my changes, so I spent the rest of the afternoon, just looking at the news and YouTube videos! YIPPY! God sustained me as I had no time to rest!

I was out of the Office by 5:46 and headed to WGE. The rain had stopped!

I was home and we had a counseling session with a couple in crisis! Alan had started with them and the dinner in the crock pot was delicious! I cleared the table, tidied things up and put Mom to bed. The counseling continued until 9pm and I drove them home as Alan had a debriefing meeting with the summer missions people! I was so exhausted, driving... But the counseling continued in the car, so that was good!

I was home by 9:45 and in bed by 10:15! I didn't even turn on my computer!

Isaiah had work and got his haircut at a new place -- the Holy Barber! He looks great!

Daily Lovely Insight:

It's amazing to think that last year at this time, I was frantically getting things ready to go to London and then to Europe! Was it only a year ago??? I looked over my journal and it was delightful to read again! I'd love to be there...Maybe in another few years...

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. they are gonna ask you back, you watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the new teacher's syllabus... BORING! I don't mean to be critical, but he will do 8 weeks of "At the Hotel"!

    ReplyDelete