Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A Paperwork Discarding Day!

Yes... that was on the job list for today!

I got up before 4am. Super happy about that! And I was out the door by 5:20. I did my usual 10k and then came home to shower. I pulled out all the paperwork that I wanted to sort through and baked. Chocolate peanut butter puff pastries for MOE tomorrow.

While those were baking, I got Mom up and ready and off!

Then the morning was spent, discarding, filing, sorting through paperwork! I also prepped my study for this coming Soochow University English Bible study. I will meet with the kids on Wednesday from 1-3 and then have tutoring at 4pm. Alan will be home to take care of Mom. Yes, no more MOE! My Bible study will start in October, but tutoring will start the second week of September!

After lunch, I took a nap as I will be off to my evening Bible study, and I expect it will be a late night. Then the rain started and I went out to WGE and to make copies for the materials that I will use for the Bible study.

The downpour was tremendous, so I didn't go and buy soy bean milk... or shop. I decided just to come home!

Mom was home promptly at 5:09 as the rain stopped.

Alan was at school all day, moving the rest of his stuff into his new cubicle and setting it up before school starts up.

Isaiah was at work all day. He had to register for a test that's on September 9th. Please do remember to pray for him.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Below is a letter written by Lizzie Atwater to her family before she and 10 others were killed during the Boxer Rebellion in Shanxi China!

Dear ones, I long for a sight of your dear faces, but I fear we
shall not meet on earth. I am preparing for the end very quietly and calmly. The Lord is wonderfully near, and He will not fail me. I was very restless and excited while there seemed
a chance of life, but God has taken away that feeling, and now
 I just pray for grace to meet the terrible end bravely. The pain will soon be over, and oh the sweetness of the welcome above! My little baby will go with me. I think God will give it to me in heaven and my dear mother will be so glad to see us. I cannot imagine the Savior’s welcome. Oh, that will compensate for all these days of suspense. Dear ones, live near to God and cling less closely to earth. There is no other way by which we can receive that peace from God which passeth understanding. I must keep calm and still these hours. I do not regret coming to China.

On August 15, 1900, soldiers took Atwater and ten others away from the relative safety of a nearby town and hacked them to death with their swords, tossing the bodies into a pit.

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

6 comments:

  1. Y*PPPPEEEE no more MOE until they ask you again HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one more Wednesday! Next week is my last!

      Delete
  2. Chocolate peanut butter puff pastries!!!!???? Was it good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good! I thought I'd have one for myself, but when I came back after my office hours, they were all gone!

      Delete
  3. Wow... reading about the martyrs makes my heart sink...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should read Fox's Book of Martyrs... or join this web site. I'll send you the link!

    ReplyDelete