Friday, August 26, 2022

It's Me... On the Overnight Bus to Edinburgh!

Yes, it's been a marvelous few days... So fun... So calm... even in the midst of having so much to do!

I got up early and had my time with Jesus.

Then I was off for a run... I was hoping to go run around the neighborhood, but I just didn't want to worry about crossing the streets. So, I went to Hendon Park and ran around around and around! There were lots of people out there, walking their dog or jogging. The area is wonderfully Jewish and there are signs all in Hebrew!

It was cool, crisp and nippy. Wonderful. I went over 11kms. I could have kept going but I had to get Isaiah up. Breakfast was included with our lodging! Cereal, toast, tang and coffee! We went and had breakfast... then a shower, packed up, dropped the luggage in the storage and went to the British Museum. We spent the whole day there... we walked and saw every room that was free!

At around 1:45 we had gotten a call. Abby had arrived. So we told her to meet us at Portobello Road Market. What a marvelous place! We didn't buy anything but some food. We all went back to the Hostel. Isaiah took one carry on and went to meet an ex-coworker from Franklin who has been studying in London. Abby and I took our time to get to Victoria Coach Station with all the other bags. We could only be slow. Another friend met us at the Station with take-outs! And we just sat and talk.

The bus was at 10:30 and we got all our bags in without any extra charges! That was a miracle because they actually 'measure' the size and had a limit.

We will be in Edinburgh by 7:40!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Image result for Ezekiel 48:35

Seek Him First!

Image result for II Peter 3:9

3 comments:

  1. I should have asked what shenanigans you had planned. OVER NIGHT BUS? oh wow all night long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Annie... I don't think you would like the way we travel... You won't make it! 9.5 hour bus ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered how you got to Edinburg so fast. All night bus ride. I hope you take a slower way back. It’s a beautiful drive and countryside and quite towns to see.

    ReplyDelete