Sunday, August 14, 2022

Yeah... Another Weekend Finished!

I did get up early and have my time with Jesus and headed out to World Gym and to Carrefour. I can't go shopping with Mom. It's too much! Trying to care for her and trying to buy things. We go to the stores just so that she can walk around and eat. I was going to go buy things last night, but Abby said she was going to call and chat. But she bailed on me... even though I was back at home! 

I got home and it was Mom duty... I can't leave her alone. I now understand why it takes two people to care for one elderly person with dementia. Unlike a baby who weighs 7 kilos and can be put in a play pen, an elderly person cannot. They weigh more. They might have minutes of lucidity and think they can get up and walk around. There is no play pen to keep them. And they know how to take off a diaper. I can list more reasons why taking care of an elderly person is a lot more work than a baby. But I am sure you understand!

I talked to and prayed with Alan. 

Then at 2:15, I headed out to church!

I had to translate. Plus, Mom likes being at church during the worship practice. During the service, I had a dear friend sit with her because she was a bit active, wanting to talk and clap!

Dinner was great... and we were home by 7:15.

I had to do another Covid test! Then Mom was off to bed by 8pm.

I had more to do... There is always more to do... a load of wash... clean the floor... take down the trash. I have to do that as the diapers weigh so much and they smell if I don't take the trash down!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Pastor Paul

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Psalm 139: 13-18

 

7 Highlights:

  1. Our body, created in God’s image, is to reflect His glory, His mission, and His purpose.
  2. The whole universe is an expression of God’s glory, but He specifically gave Man the crown and the focus of that expression.
  3. The Garden of Eden was perfect and yet God gave the Man the job to care, to tend, to have dominion, over it. He welcomes us to partner with Him in the work!
  4. Col. 3:23-24, whatever you do, work at it heartily, as for the Lord… that should be the focus of all that we do!
  5. God created us for community, not to be doing the work by ourselves.
  6. God has promised us a resurrected body.
  7. How are you using your body in preparation for His return?

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630


3 comments:

  1. Lovely I know what you are going through as I remember the heavy diapers when taking care of dad but I told him "its OK as you cannot help it", as I loved him much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You served him with such love and kindness and care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you Lovely continue to serve mom and I so appreciate you

    ReplyDelete