Wednesday, August 24, 2022

It's Me... At the Taoyuan Airport...

It's Wednesday... and I've already had quite a long day... 

After getting up early and going through things with Yenny as to what needs to be done each morning, we got Mom off. I even had time to trim Mom's hair!

Yenny and I cleaned the house: changing sheet, taking down and folding the clothes, mopping the floor, dusting... 

At 10:15, I took a quick shower and went over last minute stuff and left at 10:35. I was early to the MRT Station, waiting for a friend to pick up the car. She has a ministry at various schools and would find it so helpful to have a car. To do the outreach activities, they have a lot of props.

I went on the MRT and got to SongShan Airport with time to go to the restroom and add value to my MRT card. The bus came at 11:40! And with all the stops, I got to the Airport just before 1pm.

The counters were not yet opened... that's ok with me. I had a bowl of instant noodles with two tea eggs and a coffee! YUMMY!

I was at the Counter at 2:47 and they just opened at 2:45. So on time. No problem with checking in. And then I went to the counter to ask about changing flight. Still no seat available. But there is a later flight that same day... I'm now on two waiting list. 

I decided to go through customs and found a place with stationery bikes. Did that for 20 minutes and proceeded to find an empty quiet spot to blog... and yes, there are lots of quiet empty spots!

I will be boarding at 5:05 and I got an AISLE SEAT, even for my longer flight. I'll arrive in Singapore at around 10:20 and hopefully walk around, before boarding the next flight tomorrow at 01:10 and be in London by the morning... SPLENDID. I checked about the route to get to the hostel... almost two hours via public transport. I'm going to try... I am sure I'll live to talk about it... in my next blog post!

Daily Lovely Insight:

It's a strange feeling... To be here and to reflect... last year in September, we were here to send Isaiah off. In June I was at the airport twice -- once to send Alan off... and then again to send Abby off... Finally, I'm here! And a year has gone by since Isaiah's departure... 

While waiting, I did the homework for my Bible study. Here is two of the questions:

1. What might be one way your 'busyness' blocks you from listening and communing with the living God?

2. What is one step you can take today to slow down and live more attentively to the voice of Jesus?

My answer to Q2:

"CLOSE MY EYES FROM TIME TO TIME. BE MORE AWARE OF HIS PRESENCE IN THE BUSYNESS!"

How about you?

(Book study: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero)

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: