Thursday, August 25, 2022

It's Me... At the London Backpackers!

What a journey so far!

I got on the flight to Singapore... and arrived safely... and had time to walk around and even talk and pray with Alan before boarding. The flight was packed. I had a great aisle seat! Lots of leg space!

I ate and slept and walked around... No movie for me!

I arrived right on time, and I took my time to get to Customs and to Baggage Claim!

Just as I walked to the carousel, my baggage rolled in front of me. I took it off! What timing... Nothing to declare and I was out... I went straight to the Information Service and the lady printed out the directions to get here! Amazing!

With the luggage, carry on and backpack plus purse, I went and caught the subway! First, I went to the kiosk and used cash and add value to my Oyster card. No problem. 10 pounds! 5.50 to get to Hendon Central and I still have 4.50 left! Yippy!

I had to transfer at King's Cross... it was 28 stops there -- 55 minutes! What a ride, seeing all the names... recalling when I was here last... in 1980!

I then took the Northern Line, following the black marking on the floor and was at Platform 7! It was raining, but so far, all the walking had been underground!

At Hendon Central, I had to walk outside... but a man standing at the exit had his cell phone and he googled search and laughed... "I think it's across the street!" Sure enough... it was! I could have gotten so lost, trying to walk around who knows where.

The place has no elevator... so I connected my WiFi and lined Isaiah. He was set to be here at 3pm. I canceled my luncheon at the Ethiopian Restaurant as the station where my friend was FLOODED! She couldn't make it here for another hour! So, we will do that another time. Plus, my stomach didn't want to eat. I had two rolls and went and walked around. 

The neighborhood is definitely Jewish and there are some very nice homes with some very nice cars! Several supermarkets and coffee shops. As for what we will do tomorrow, I have no idea. I didn't walk far because the sprinkle/drizzle was pretty constant. 

I called Yenny... she was having problem remembering how to use the washing machine! Oh my... as Mom peed through the bedding again. I wrote to the Day Care Center -- STOP FEEDING HER SO MUCH LIQUID. Mom has a problem... she will keep drinking whatever you put in front of her!

Oh... on the plane... it was God... I was sleeping and I got up... it was pitch dark... I looked at my watch -- The exact time that I usually like to be up to have time with Jesus! This summer I have been up early and even now, when it was pitch dark, the Lord woke me up. I had my Bible bag and sat and had a wonderful time. I know the Lord will be so good to me... giving me time with Him every morning during this vacation! Thank you, Jesus!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Ezekiel 39:29

Ezekiel 39:29 ASV - neither will I hide my face any more from them;

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: