Thursday, August 4, 2022

A Different Kind of Rest!

If you have followed my blog, you know that I am really into helping others... One thing I try to do is to lend things out or give things away. I have discovered that there are lots of students from the Philippines, or Vietnam, or Indonesia, or Malaysia, here to get their masters degree or Ph.D. Most of them don't have winter clothes. So, I gather and give away. Another thing is that they love to have a bike for their transportation. I loan out our bikes. Yesterday, one of the students from Indonesia lined me and he was headed home. He was wondering what to do about the bike... I wasn't able to meet up with him and he was too busy to get it back. His flight was at 5pm! So, today... my 'rest' day, I headed out to pick up this bike, which turned out to be all the way on the other side of town! Taipei is not big... but it was more than 11kilometers from Neihu. That tells you that it truly was on the other side of town. I got an UBike and rode down there. The guy was great as he sent me a 'pin map' of where the bike was parked. I rode the bike back. On the way back, I stopped at a traditional market among other places. It was hot... but just as I was about 3kilometers away. It started to rain. So splendid. I got home, started dinner, put everything away, and went out for a run. It was humid, but at least it was cloudy. Not 5kms in, the sun came out... OH... the rest was... not completely unpleasant, but not exactly enjoyable.

I barely had time to take a shower and Mom was back... 

This evening, I rode the scooter to pick up a jar of Horlicks for free... I love that stuff! And when I got home, I enjoyed a nice tall glass of it with ice! I did a load of laundry last night as Mom had an accident at the Center and I had to send an extra pair of pants this morning. I also worked on finishing the last set of work for the translation project! YIPPY!

Alan and Abby went to the Padres game and got a free hoodie... one each... and the game was sold out. I'm not sure who won... At 9pm, which was 6am, Alan and I had our time to chat and pray together... that's always a treat and a nice way to end the day!

I did go and do 30 minutes of weight at World Gym before coming home after picking up the Horlicks... So, indeed, it was a very different kind of a rest day!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The Living... — Jeremiah 14:22 (NIV) - Do any of the worthless...

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: