Friday, August 12, 2022

Plan "Fun Day"...

Yes, I've been planning for a fun day for months... And it was today!

I wanted to spend the whole morning reading... But I could not keep my eyes opened! After Mom went off, I had to first change the sheet and clean her bathroom! I had the AC on, so it made these tasks a lot 'easier'. I wasn't pouring out in sweat!

I then sat on the sofa and proceeded to read! I would get through a page and my eyes would be closed... and so... the long and short of it is that I basically read three pages and slept three hours!

But it was absolutely refreshing, although not exactly what I had planned as part of my "fun day"! I think I needed the sleep as just the night before I told Alan that my right tonsil was hurting. I had to keep rubbing China Oil on it, which really helped to alleviate the pain! And after the rest, the pain was gone!

I had wanted to ride my bike. This is the one that has better gears than my "Coca Cola" bike. But the tires were flat! So, I pushed it down and got it pumped and went to World Gym. I did the weights, tried the rowing machine, and ran 8kms, hitting my goal for this week! 41.89kms! And happily I rode the bike back. That was part of my "fun day" plan. But I had planned to ride longer! Oh well... 

I came home, had a quick shower and went to get my hair washed and cut for the trip. Unfortunately, the hairstylist never would cut as I instructed, because to them, the result is less than perfect. So, I think I will have to trim it myself. But the hair wash was absolutely fabulous. He used mint shampoo and sprayed my scalp with a mint water and gave it a nice massage! Such a treatment for just 10US$ -- cut and shampoo -- and we don't tip in Taiwan. 

I had bought boba tea coupon. So, that's where I walked to... and I brought my own cups. So, two boba, 700ml each, for just 3US$! Can't beat that! And this place has specialized boba. I got two flavors -- taro and original! 

I was able to get home without being rained on. The weather said, "RAIN", but none really came. I heard the thunder. I saw the dark clouds, but nothing!

Mom was home, and I had dinner ready!

I don't know how the day goes by so fast! And it's already Friday... The weekend has started!

This evening, after Mom went to bed, I worked on going through the first draft of Isaiah's final paper. We are praying that these last two Business in Practice papers will boost his overall GPA tremendously so that he can get distinction. Please pray with us!

At 9:30, I called and talked to Alan. We prayed together. It's been nice to be able to do this on a daily basis... or almost daily basis!

Daily Lovely Insight:

It should still our spirits, stir our souls, and fire our own faith to realize that his same living Lord -- the Risen Christ - by His Spirit stands ready to help us overcome today, just as of old, if we will but cooperate with Him in quiet obedience and calm confidence. He has not changed across the long centuries of human history!

W. Phillip Keller

Hebrews 13:8 — Berea Project

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630


2 comments: