Saturday, August 27, 2022

It's Me... At the Edinburgh Backpackers Hostel!

What an adventure... It's not as fun when we have so much of Abby's stuff! I am now even more of a believer that traveling light is traveling right!

It was a miracle that with only one carry on, Abby was able to pack 28 kilos of things! Amazing... plus a 10 kilo backpack! They never weighed it and the flight attendants were super nice to her. When it couldn't fit in the overhead compartment, they found a space for it!

And we survived the overnight bus ride! It's not for the faint of heart! Abby and Isaiah didn't sleep much. Since I'm so used to not sleeping, I felt fine! I was up at 5am to have my time with Jesus! YEAH! Then the sun was out and I enjoyed looking out at the scenery! What a beautiful ride with sheep and diary cows dotting the hillside... and small quaint cottages! In all my travel, I never made it up this far north... We arrived a bit late and our friend's husband was there, waiting for us! SO AMAZING! Even though he is handicapped, it was great to have his help with one of the carry ons! We made it to our lodging! We left our luggage and went to have breakfast! Then I repacked the stuff, giving the items that we had brought for them. He had work to do, so he took the bus home. We went and walked around... so many places to explore. We went to the National Museum of Scotland, and to see "Bobby", the faithful dog... It was marvelously fun... there were food stalls and performers everywhere... It is presently the last two days of the Edinburgh Festival!

When we checked in at 3pm, we found out that we were on the top floor... it was a lot of climbing with a lot of luggage and NO ELEVATOR! Abby and Isaiah were exhausted! They went to rest, while I went and walked around some more. 

There were too many people on the streets, so I didn't go for a run. Otherwise, I think it would have been fun to do a run around Edinburgh. Now, the roads outside of town looked marvelous for running!

What will we do tomorrow?

Who knows!

But we will definitely attend church!

Daily Lovely Insight:

While walking around, we went to the St. Columba Church by the Castle. And on the wall, they had posted questions of reflection with chairs to sit and just to think on Christ. Let me paraphrase and share one of the questions:

Where are you on your journey with Jesus?

Seek Him First!

Image result for II Peter 3:9

 

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am tired just reading, your poor kids, hahaha should have warned them t o be ready

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adventure! It’s a beautiful city, and much to explore walking around. The castle is beautiful to look at from below, and if you go up there, it’s a pretty fabulous view. Bet you will find another good route to run and explore while your kids sleep. Thanks for the updates. I’m happy reading about your adventures. Too bad you couldn’t have left Abby’s luggage somewhere. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how true. So many times, I've thought -- if we didn't have all of Abby's stuff! I had brought things for her, then she was able to bring all of her stuff, and then when they first came, a friend had brought 28 kilos for her! So, she has more than 55 kilos of stuff! I will be so happy when we drop everything off in Freiburg! I have 8 kilos of things -- that's it! Isaiah is also very light!

    ReplyDelete