Friday, August 5, 2022

Several Surprises...

This morning while Mom was getting ready, I checked my phone... Pam and Suz were messaging each other and Suz dialed us by mistake... it was a wonderful mistake. After Mom left, the four of us were able to talk! It was such a beautiful surprise. Cor was working out at the gym, doing 20 minutes of biking. Suz was walking with Kayla and Jackson. Pam was lounging on her front porch, recovering from her latest bout with Covid! Oh... just thinking about this brings such a sense of God's goodness... We were in three time zones, separated by miles, but our hearts were so connected... we interrupted each other, we completed the other person's sentence... we ask questions in rapid succession... 

I had to go as I was meeting a gal to continue with the scooter lesson... I brought chalk and a stop watch. I think after an hour, she's ready. She now has to pass the written test and then can do the course!

I rushed home as I was meeting Josh. He came to pick up a microwave and Alan's scooter. We went over to our neighbor's house and I had brought the wrong keys. Very weird! So, I proceeded to return to our house. And right there at the corner, this man had fallen. I know this man. I've seen him many times. I had seen him just yesterday, pushing a wheelchair... and this morning when I was coming back, I saw him again. With Josh's help, we got him back in the wheelchair and his knee was scraped up. We wanted to push him back home, but he insisted on going to the grocery store. I knew what he was going to get. I told him, NO. He said, I've quit. I don't drink anymore... I have heard that from him many times. He used to go behind our complex, pour out the root beer or Coca Cola and pour his liquor in the bottle. He knows I run. He is coherent. While pushing his wheelchair, he asked me about my running and if I've joined any races. At the grocery store, he bought a bottle of Coca Cola. I wanted to leave. He said, Not yet. He asked for a packet of cigarettes. He doesn't smoke! I wanted to leave. He said, Not yet. Then he asked for a bottle of hot sauce. He spent 200NT$. Josh and I pushed him to his complex. The guard was not there. We waited. He knew where the guard was. We asked the guard to clean up his wound and get him home. I hope to go back and ask about him. So, the reason why I haven't seen him for the past two weeks is because he was hospitalized. Now, he is very ill and the doctor probably told him that if he drinks, he will die. Please pray for him. I don't know his surname. I just know him and I know God does too! He lives in a very nice complex. He usually dresses quite well, but today, his shorts were dirty and he looked so emaciated!

After that, I came home and folded the clothes, put things away, ate lunch and rested. At 2pm, I went out for a workout. I had to do that as the day was going by way too quickly. I got back after stopping to check on Alan's salary and my bankbook... Abby's scholarship money hadn't come yet... I quickly took a shower, put Mom's dinner in the microwave, and the phone rang!

Mom was home. 

The weekend has started... 

After she went to bed, I blogged and chatted with Alan and Isaiah.

Daily Lovely Insight:

All of chapter 17 is beautiful... 

Jeremiah 17:14 KJV Mobile Phone Wallpaper - Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be  healed; save me,

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments:

  1. May GOD relief him of his addiction!!! Only HE can help

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I think his family has given up on him.

    ReplyDelete