Thursday, May 5, 2022

ICEE Week and Other Things...

With my throat feeling terrible, I had to forgo running this evening... 

It has been an exhausting 10 days... Running has been freeing... but my body is 'rebelling'.

I got Mom up early as I had to go to Soochow to be a part of ICEE Week.

I finished at 1:00 and went and mailed a letter and dropped off things.

Amy, the helper, came at 1:30. I was getting Mom her lunch and keeping her occupied. At 2:45, I put her to bed so that I can tutor and Amy can clean. Tutoring was three hours... Alan was home, so that was very helpful.  Abby went to her basketball practice.

Mom had her dinner and I did the antigen test for her before she went to bed at 8pm. Yes, she is healthy. She can go back to the Center tomorrow! Yippy! 

Alan went to Costco for me. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

This morning before leaving I received a surprising phone call... a lady who has been caring for my paternal grandparents' graves! I haven't talked to her for the past eight years. Each time we go by HsinTien, I always pray for her. She's a devote Buddhist. I was wondering if she was still around. I don't have her contact info and had prayed that she'd get in touch with me. It turned out that she was cleaning her house and came upon a card that I had written to her eight years ago. I had included my home phone number and she called! It's amazing! So, this summer, before Abby takes off, I hope to get in touch with her and we'd go together!

I truly believe God hears the prayers we utter... The answers just might come at moments when we least expect it. 

I was reading in Nehemiah this morning... And a good verse that relates is:

Pin on Quotes

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

2 comments: