Friday, May 13, 2022

A Good Day...

Mom's blister is healing nicely... The Center didn't want her there because she wasn't walking steadily because of the blister and wanted to go to the bathroom every few minutes... but they don't have the manpower to be with her, one-on-one. So, for these past two days, she's been asked to stay home. I think the Center is beginning to find it difficult to care for her. What to do??? She won't just sit still. At home, I am right across from her... and my voice is being overused again! 

I read... Alan and Abby went and got their international license. When they got home, I went for a short run. The weather was nice... cool, but no rain... I like the rain!

Mom had bananas and apple slices and bread and porridge. Yes, she was having a little diarrhea and that's another reason why the Center didn't want her there. I think it's the antibiotics that she's taking after the blister was popped. 

I had time to watch my favorite TV show... I love how it's set in 1895. I love how the gentlemen offer the lady's their arms when they walks. I love that the detective rides around on a bicycle. I love the way they talk to each other... and the moral values of that time... I'm on Season 4 now!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I finished the story of Victor Marx and started on a book by W. Phillip Keller about Joshua. The first book was very easy reading... Victor Marx started the All Things Possible Ministry. You can follow the ministry on FB. Now, my second book... I have never heard of W. Phillip Keller, but I'm finding him to be a great author. I am now in search of his other books, A Shepherd Look at Psalm 23 and Lessons from a Sheepdog. I'm going to see if our local library has either of these books. Since Mom is home, I just sit and read. It's been very delightful. I'm going through the books on our shelves at home... And perhaps this summer while Abby and Alan are away, I will spend my time reading, reading and more reading! That's a wonderful thought!

Here are a few quotes from W. Phillip Keller:

“The absolute basic belief that every child of God must come to is that if he or she lives in obedience to God's Word and in joyous harmony with our Father, nothing can impinge on his life except by His permission. To live in close communion with Christ is to experience daily the calm assurance of God's complete care and management of every detail in our walk with Him. No matter if trials or turmoil come. No matter if there is trouble. No matter if there is pain or poverty. Each is for a supreme purpose understood best by my Father, but allowed to impact me for my ultimate benefit, and for His honor.” 

― W. Phillip Keller, Strength of Soul: The Sacred Use of Time

“No pastor, no spiritual leader, is ever able to take his people any further than he himself has gone with God.” 

― W. Phillip Keller, Joshua: Man of Fearless Faith

“God invites us to come directly into His presence by way of His own dear Son. He Himself put it to us so simply when He stated before His death in our stead: "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). It is upon this beautiful basis that it is possible for people to come freely, gladly, boldly into the supreme presence of our Father as His beloved children. We are given the joyous privilege to approach Him in childlike confidence anytime, anywhere, without apprehension, all because of the profound provision Christ Himself has made for us to pray in this intimate way. Added to all of this, His Holy Spirit confirms within us that God is our Father. He assures us that Christ is our Friend, our Intercessor. In our praying, He, God's Spirit, also intercedes on our behalf, making our prayers pleasing and acceptable to God.” 

― W. Phillip Keller, His Way to Pray: A Devotional Study of Prayer

“Contentment should be the hallmark of the man or woman who has put his or her affairs in the hands of God.” 

― W. Phillip Keller, A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23

Are you now most drawn to reading one of his books? And when you are finished, send one over to me! (Our local library does not have any of his books!)

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment