Friday, May 27, 2022

Hanging Out with Alan and Abby

With Mom at the Center, Alan, Abby and I had planned a day out!

First, we went to Soochow University to drop off a wedding gift and pick up all the items I had left there from my Bible study.

Then we were off to RTMart. I had to exchange the shoes and we were hoping to have lunch at the food court. It was too early for the food court, and they didn't have the right size of shoes. So, I just got a refund and we headed to our favorite Cantonese restaurant.

Next door was a new Cronut shop. So we bought three of those for dessert.

While Alan and Abby were eating, I went to run a few errands. We walked over to donate blood! That's one of the items on our plan!

We got free notebooks, free lunch bags and free tissues.

Off we went in the rain to Computex! It was not as 'fun' as years before. Of course, due to Covid, this exhibition was cancelled for 2020 and 2021. But it used to be so fun with lots of gadgets for sale and free stuff. Nothing this time. Very few people. Eddie and Nic would have enjoyed it tremendously as they would have liked to talk to everyone. Lots of innovative items were on display. 

I ran into one of my students. That was fun!

We finally left at 3pm and went to buy bubble milk tea. I again ran a few more errands. BUT, while walking in the rain, I did a somersault. I was wet and muddy!

As soon as I got home, I hopped into the shower and felt so much more revived. Alan and Abby took a nap, but I had to take care of Mom as she was back. While she ate dinner, I helped a student edit his graduation speech. Yes, this week has been filled with most of the international high schools having their graduation ceremony. 

I didn't go for a run. My back was feeling a bit sore! But the weather was so fabulous. I hope I will be able to go for a short run tomorrow. 

I forgot to mention that late last night, we bought the ticket for Isaiah to return from England on the same flight as I will be on! YIPPY! September 23rd. And I called the military service to inform them of the date. This way he will not miss the early entry assignment!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Matthew 14:18

Matthew 14:18 GW - Jesus said, “Bring them to me.” - Biblics

An interesting insight: Jesus was speaking to the disciples who found five loaves and two fish. But perhaps Jesus is inviting us to bring our burdens and anxious thoughts to Him. Place them upon His hands. He gives thanks and makes what seemingly was an impossible situation to be an experience of His goodness, His fruitfulness and His abundance.

Seek Him First!

2 Peter 3:9 – Daily Verse | KCIS 630

No comments:

Post a Comment