Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Incredibly Hectic...

 Because I'm trying to get my Mom to stay at the overnight facility, I've been extremely busy trying to get that all taken cared of... I had to have an evaluation meeting this morning after counseling... That went long... Mom is still at a 5, because physically she's too healthy. I was hoping that she would be rated higher, than I can get more benefits... NO!!!!!!!! So only 14 days... and if I use the 14 days, I don't get any at-home care... It's one of the other. And if we do decide on long term facility, the government does not subsidize... It's all out of our own pocket... but at least it is a lot cheaper than in the States.

Then, I headed to buy a few things to cook for dinner... Got home. Put the meat in the crock pot and headed to my Soochow Bible study. What a great time we had! I had games and Abby did a play of the first Resurrection morning with the students playing the different characters. I rushed home as Abby was taking off... but she needed a ride. It was a mad rush to get things arranged. Alan picked Mom up from the Center early as we would have no one here. Then drove Abby and her teammates and Mom to Jufen! I went off to tutor! CRAZY! The traffic was so bad... It was a God-idea that he took Mom with them, or he would have never made it back. 

After I finished tutoring, I went to Costco to buy snacks and a whole pizza and carted everything back on my scooter. CRAZY!

Mom was still up when I got home and I made her take a shower. 

I cleaned up the kitchen and put everything away, as Alan was counseling!

Abby packed so last minute that she forgot her glasses and her contact lenses and her water bottle and... Yes, I asked her to pack earlier, but she was not happy last night when I reminded her... This afternoon she was in a total rush... I think when you have to rush to get things done, then there is going to be waste. In light of this situation, she might have to go to a 7/11 and buy some expensive solution or just leave her contacts in for the night... 

I also had editing to get done and before I could finish, Alan called me in to talk with the couple... So, that editing job didn't get done by 9pm. Oh well... I sent it off... I might send Alan to the old house as I will have to proofread it again tomorrow morning... 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Today is Holy Wednesday, which is the time for my Soochow Bible study. I told the students that we will use the time to talk about the Resurrection and the meaning of Easter. I bought this non-permanent tattoos with phrases. I wanted the students to put them on their forearms as we listened to the story of the journey of Jesus. The kids picked the two phrases that they liked... Be bold... 0% Perfect, 100% Forgiven... Be patient... Believe before seeing... Hold your tongue... Put on the armor of God... All the students were so excited... I also bought stickers for them... They loved those too. I made handouts of games and puzzles... Abby led charade and put the students to read lines from the account of Jesus' resurrection in John 20! The two hours went by so fast... These are college students and they had so much fun! It was a joy to see them so relaxed... and having so much fun! Even a couple of the shy ones opened up... God is working in the hearts of these kids... Please pray for them... that their child like heart would turn fully to God! 

9 Things You Should Know About Holy Week | Holy week timeline, Holy week,  Holy thursday catholic

Seek Him First!


May God Be Gracious Bulletin - Letter Size | Church Partner


4 comments:

  1. So good to hear of your meeting with these kids......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a Spirit-led time... You could feel God's presence...

      Delete
  2. a LOT cheaper than the states for sure

    ReplyDelete