Thursday, April 1, 2021

Maundy Thursday...

It was an early morning... 

Alan went over to the old house to wait for the phone repair man. I did a load of laundry... 

Isaiah went to meet up with Vikki... 

Abby was still out in Jufen with her friends... 

The editing job was fine... I didn't need to redo anything!

The phone line in our old house is fixed. The repairman finally came at 11:33. He was outside, testing everything and came in to check that there is a dial tone!

I went for a run in the heat of the day... and then I went and got my hair permed... just for Alan... I really liked the result. It took three full hours!

I got back home before Mom, so I had time to fix her dinner... This evening, I gave Mom a haircut... I also gave Alan a haircut. Abby lined and said that she was going bowling with her classmates... She's going to be staying up late to pack... She's the only one who still needs to pack!

Daily Lovely Insight:

While getting the perm, I was finishing the book, King's Cross, by Timothy Keller. What a perfect book to read on Maundy Thursday. I liked the focus on the Centurion who heard Jesus cry out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mark 15: 34) The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. And when the Centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!" (Mark 15: 39) How astounding that from a man who has seen death, a man who is brutal and has killed men in battle, the acknowledgement of Jesus as the Son of God. Keller said that Jesus penetrated this Centurion's spiritual darkness. He became the first person to confess the deity of Jesus Christ. I love that... I love how Jesus brings all people out of darkness and into His marvelous light. For the Centurion who has seen death, yet this death was unique. "He saw something about Jesus' death that was unlike any other. The tenderness of Jesus, despite the terror, must have pierced right through his hardness. The beauty of Jesus in his death must have flooded his darkness with light." Sometimes we need darkness in order to appreciate the beauty of light. I close this entry with one more quote from Keller, "Because of Jesus' death evil is a passing thing -- a shadow. There is light and high beauty forever beyond its reach because evil fell into the heart of Jesus. The only darkness that could have destroyed us forever fell into his heart." Sitting at the beauty parlor, reading this book, tears welled up, thinking of God's love! Take time to contemplate the sacrifice... and live to reflect our love for Jesus! It's not about right and wrong. It's about the Cross!

Maundy Thursday

Seek Him First!

Our Prayer for today | ChildAid to Eastern Europe

5 comments: