Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Nice Day... I Love The Cold Weather!

The temperature dropped... and the rain started... 

I personally love this weather... So after making the salad and cooking the carrots and cabbage for Mom's dinner, I went out for a run... unfortunately, due to time constraints, I only had an hour! So, even though it was my favorite kind of weather, I couldn't stay out there... I had to rush back, take a quick shower, and scooter off to tutor! 

Coming back, I worked on mixing Abby's foundation to get the color that she likes and checked my email. Soon, Mom was back and dinner and shower. 

No Bible study this evening, but I had to work on my talk for 3/21. Isaiah had basketball practice. Abby went for a workout and Alan had evening class.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Yesterday I went to tutor and my sweet student had a sticky note, folded up, and she handed it to me. I saw the big smile on her face... And I opened it up and it had 96.59 and A+ on it! She said with great excitement, "That's my Honor's English score for this quarter!" I beamed with a smile that went from ear to ear! She did it! When she first went to TAS, she was in the remedial program... then the pull out program, then the 'push-in' program... (Yes, there are lots of programs at TAS!) In regular class, she was working so hard. At the end of last year, her teacher recommended her for Honor's English. She was hesitant, but her parents encouraged her. I encouraged her. She went in with great trepidation. Together, we worked from a B, B+, A-... and each time looking for that elusive solid A... She not only got a solid A, and the excitement of that +! That + reflects her effort! I'm so thrilled... 

So, what's my insight? I think everyone wants to be acknowledged for the effort... Be generous with those +... Be generous with compliments... Little things mean a lot! Little things aren't that little. It might make a big difference in someone's life!

Seek Him First!

Psalms ‭67‬:‭1-2‬ | Psalms, Bible verse cards, Verses for cards


2 comments:

  1. you are the bestest A+ sister I have xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I will respond by saying you are the
    A ++++++++++++++ sister!

    ReplyDelete