Thursday, March 11, 2021

Visited DaoShen Christian Nursing Home and More...

The day was quite warm... The weather forecast had said rain, but instead, it was a beautiful day.

The kids and Alan all headed out for school... and I went for a run!

Then, it was a mad rush to shower, make a few phone calls and head out the door... 

I had a list of three possible places to visit and errands to run. I wanted to buy a couple of plants, find a Type-C plug and a frame for our new family portrait... I drove by two of the places... yes, they were closer, but not Christian based and the buildings looked old and crammed. I then headed out to the third one. It was quite a trek up a very steep hill, but I loved the cleanliness and the fresh air... I had a wonderful chat with the Director! We will start with short term care, so that Alan, the kids and I can go on a vacation. I have 14 days with government subsidy. That means I only have to put 369NT$ per day for those 14 days. The monthly long term care is 35,000NT$ per month and the government gives only 5,000NT$ per month to help offset the cost! Unfortunately, they have no opening right now. I put Mom on the waiting list. I think the lady liked me and will make my mom a priority! 

I scootered back and went to the 'nursery' and bought five plants for 100NT$! And that was all the time I had as I had to be back to tutor at 4pm. I stopped to get gas... 

Mom was back right after I finished tutoring and fixing her dinner... When she went to bed, I again 'rushed' out for my 7:30 tutoring appointment. 

I arrived home and everyone was back... I had already made dinner, not knowing when I would be back. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Pin on Spiritual Insights & Inspirations

I really like this verse: quietness is strength. Trust is strength. Repentance and rest shall we be saved! I think that's something we should think on... 

Seek Him First!

Facebook

2 comments:

  1. was the last place Christian place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, DaoShen was... and very nice... they even have a little chapel and services are held there... And they even have prayer meetings for the seniors! The seminary students next door come over to help engage the seniors in conversation and activities.

    ReplyDelete