Monday, November 30, 2020

I Tried to Rest, Rest, Rest...


I had to take the time to rest today... this month has been way too busy... So... 

After Mom, the kids and Alan took off, I got my books and sat and read. After about an hour, I took a nap! I did not open my eyes until about 90 minutes later... I felt as if I could have slept the whole day! But... as the rain had stopped, I went out for my hour run. I couldn't take the whole day off... I had to turn on the computer and help edit papers and arrange things for church, plus prep for my next talk. But by 4pm, I had to go and buy a few things for my kids as it's the last day of their birthday month!

I got back just a few minutes late. Mom was already home and the driver was wondering where I was. I had set out Mom's dinner before I took off! Every day, I wonder... how did the day go by so fast?

I didn't have tap dancing tonight. And I was so glad as it was pouring out! It's not fun to ride in the pouring rain!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Reading King's Cross and this struck me -- Jesus is saying that he wants more than busyness; he wants the kind of character change that only comes from realizing that you have been ransomed. So true... Does my character reflect the reality that I've been ransomed? 

Tim Keller continues -- Do you have the power to wait through Jesus' delays? Is it very clear to people who know you best that your character is undergoing radical regeneration? Or are you just very busy with religious activities?

Seek Him First!



No comments:

Post a Comment