Monday, November 23, 2020

Planning the HOP Year-end Party & Other Things!

 Alan and Isaiah were up early to watch the Chargers' game. They finally won!

After Mom left, and before Isaiah took off, I asked him to help me lift the top of our bed so that I can go through all the blankets and sheets and put together another huge bag of donations! I dropped that off this afternoon!

Then I was on the phone calling to find a place within a budget for our 12/26 White Elephant/Year-end/ HOP Appreciation Party! I am waiting to hear back.

Alan called Mom Bea via Skype and had a nice chat with her. It's always fantastic to catch up with what she is doing. We also get news about Alan's brother and his family!

The weather was sprinkling, but nice... So I went out for a run. This week's training is -- 4x -- 12 kilometers!

I got back and did a load of laundry and tidied up the house. I never have time on the weekends to do this! I also had to prep for this Sunday's talk and edit things for others!

This evening -- I had tap dancing... It's difficult to improve since I don't have the time to practice! But I do enjoy my sincere attempt to follow along!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Today I was writing up my talk notes for this Sunday as well as typing up our 'thanksgiving list'! As I looked at all the verses that I will be reading, there seemed to be a theme. As giving thanks is a choice, so is the choice we make to see life through the eyes of faith. Too often my eyes get blurry with the reality of a situation and I lose sight of God's presence in that circumstance. For walls to come tumbling down, for seas to be parted, for souls to turn to God, we need to recall what God said to Joshua over and over and over again (Joshua 1:9) -- 



Seek Him First!



2 comments:

  1. I bet... He would love to help... He loves buying donuts... but don't send him to Costco. He will diverge from your list! You will have things you didn't include, such as chips, ice cream, pies...

    ReplyDelete