Tuesday, November 3, 2020

A Much Cooler Day!

In the morning, it was sprinkling... and then around noon, the sun came out. But when I rode out to tutor, it got really chilly! I guess it felt like November!

My evening Bible study cancelled, which was a blessing as I needed the time... I have many papers to read... some for pay, others just to help someone out! But all these papers are LONG!

This morning, I took time to rest. I wanted to sit and read, but I couldn't keep my eyes opened. At around 11: 45, I went out for my hour run. The goal this week is: 10km a day, 6 days in a row, to hit 36 miles (or 60 kilometers)! Next week, I want to go for a three hour run, through the mountains! I hope to do that on Wednesday! I marked off the date -- FREE... and I hope I'll stick to it. Too often, I write the word -- FREE -- only to get it filled up with unexpected things! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Alan informed me that Soochow English Department will again sponsor a Thanksgiving Luncheon on Wednesday, which is Isaiah's birthday! Yes... 22 years ago, he was born on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving... I remember vividly that phone call in the morning... I didn't get to hold him until about 10 days later as he had jaundice! 

We have so much to be thankful for. I need to keep my focus on the God who is in control as I'm praying for mercy for America during this election! The results will be tomorrow... The verse that comes to mind -- Rejoice Always... Pray Continually... Give Thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus!

Seek Him First!



2 comments:

  1. The thanksgiving luncheon has very little leftovers... the students gobble everything up!

    ReplyDelete