Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Double Bible Studies...

This morning I did another load of clothes... I have to do the laundry more often because they can't sit out in the balcony without attracting little 'flies'... the sweat and the heat... the smell is also pungent... So, almost every other day, I'm doing a small load...

Then Alan was heading out to get the smog check, but he couldn't find the registration paper! He came back up, sweating... So, I went down and with God's help, I found it. A miracle! He took off and I was a little late to my morning Bible study! We talked about the cynical tongue!

I got back at 1:30 and our neighbor's nephew, came over. We went out for a run. He went 8km and I went for my usual 10km.

After a quick shower, he came over to hang out a bit...

Alan had his overseer's meeting and I had my Bible study. Abby came home early as she finished her last test for her sophomore year. Please pray that she scored really well... she needs a high score to pull up her midterm score!

With Abby home, I left early as I had to search for one more gift for that couple... Alan gives me these assignments... This is the last one... He wants two basketball key chains. They are super cheap on line, but I'd have to order 100 of them for free shipping! I don't need or want that many... So far, I haven't found them.

Daily Lovely Insight:

One of the great points from the Trustworthy Bible study about Solomon was that when he built the temple, he should have taken down all the high places. Instead, later on in life, all the foreign women he loved, lured him away from a wholehearted devotion to God. So, perhaps we have left a few high places in our lives? Places that we trust more than God? Things we have held on to? What are our own high places? "When we let the high places stand, we are inviting temptation to captivate our hearts."

Seek Him First!
Lettering for the Lord - a challenge for me & free printables for ...

2 comments: