Sunday, June 28, 2020

AC Is On & Happy Birthday to My Brother, James!

What a day... Yes, it's James' 63rd birthday!

I rode the bike this morning before Mom got up to pay a bill and get a few things!

Alan called his mom... and the kids were feeling relaxed as school is sort of 'out'...

We went early to church, which is our usual!

I translated for the speaker and it was a great message!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Winston spoke on Joshua 24: 14-28. It was a moving message. One of the key details was the place of Joshua's 'graduation' speech. It was at Shechem between Mt. Gerizim and Mt. Ebal. Joshua offered the Israelites a choice -- worship God or worship idols. And Shechem means shoulder or back. God wants us to stand on His shoulders and look. From His perspective, choose the mountain of blessings, Mt. Gerizim. Love God. Love His words. See His blessings. Winston also shared about Hudson Taylor. It was a movie about his life that inspired me to serve the Lord as an overseas missionary. I thought I'd be going to China. Two of the Taylor's family mottoes are: Joshua 24:15, "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." and Matthew 6:33, "Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." Hudson Taylor believed that if you are concerned about the things on God's heart, God will be concerned about the things on your heart. It was an inspiring message.

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:21 - To Unearth

No comments:

Post a Comment