Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Too Hot for Anything...

I went to Carrefour and bought popsicles... five different flavors... about 8 boxes... They had mint chocolate... Alan loves that...

I also bought fruit and got things ready for our lunch... I was trying to find some grapes... but they were sold out... the seedless kind... And I didn't make it to Costco to buy butter...

We had people over for lunch...

After they left, I got busy cleaning... and I took a short nap... I also had to go through the oral defense questions...

Mom was home and I got busy with getting her stuff... Before tutoring, I had to take a quick shower... I was so sticky...

Tutoring at 6:30 to 8pm... Followed by our Complex meeting... It was just one thing after another... Oh... Abby was not formally accepted... she missed her interview today. We didn't know it was 9am this morning. Abby was home, but we didn't check her email... It was sent two days ago. So, now, she will have to reschedule... and maybe not have this internship. We shall see. They do need counselors as the ones who were to come from the States cannot be here! We had heard that they were short of at least two more... I will keep you posted. Please pray! And pray for the kids' upcoming Accounting exam on Sunday... And Abby has one more on June 30th... Driver's Ed is to start on July 1st...

This evening the complex meeting went super long... The mechanical parking spaces... the complex is going to pursue SUING the maintenance people... what a headache... I didn't have time to go for a walk nor watch TV. By the time I came back home, Alan was already in bed and fast asleep. I did pray with my upstairs neighbor...

Daily Lovely Insight:

Preparation and perseverance... two character traits so crucial in our walk with Jesus... One author compared our walk like a marathon... It's 98% preparation and 2% the joy of 'winning'... So, it's the daily discipline... the daily 'small' choices that will help us when we are faced with major choices. So, it is sitting here in the heat today... I didn't go out for a run... But tomorrow... I'm going. Yes, it will be hot... And each day, I feel tired. I would like to sleep longer, but I am choosing to get up early... I want to spend time with Jesus... I love that time to just sit and think... And throughout this morning as I was riding around on my scooter under the hot sun, I felt so blessed by God. He surrounded me... And I think it starts from the simple discipline of coming to him each morning and letting Him wrap me and ready me for the day...

Seek Him First!
Image about purpose in q u o t e s by p r i s c i l l a

3 comments:

  1. I pray that next summer you will not have to stay in Taiwan in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids and I will be here... I can't take Mom to the States... We will have to wait and see what happens by then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe a shorter trip for the kids and I... Alan will be in the States... in fact, he might be coming during Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete