Monday, June 1, 2020

A Blessed Day!

I have not had a day like this for a while...

No tutoring, no appointment, no errands... Yes, I could have gone and ran errands, but I decided just to spend the time at home, preparing my Sunday message and to read sermons and watch a few podcasts.

What have I been 'researching' on? False prophets and teachings... Prosperity Gospel... Name It and Claim It Gospel... Churches in the States that preach the 'Genie Jesus'... Believing in Jesus for the treasures you get, for the blessings you get, not believing Jesus is the Treasure!

I did go for a run... I was waiting for the rain, but the rain never came. There were dark clouds, but no rain. So, in the heat of the afternoon, I went out... I always have to time my run as I have to be back by 4pm in order to have time for a shower and to get Mom's dinner ready.

Isaiah and Abby still have not heard of any internship opportunities. On June 10th, Abby will find out if she got in, double majoring in Social Work and Business Administration. Alan did tell Soochow that he is willing to teach summer school, if there are any classes. But it doesn't look like there will be summer sessions. So, I hope they will find 'projects' for this summer. I have tutoring.

Daily Lovely Insight:
I'm reading about David running away from Absalom. This was not my first time to read this account, but what struck me was the three people who brought provisions for David and those who were with him. They even brought beds. Shobi, Machir and Barzillai... Although I've read this passage in II Samuel 17:27-29, I never really researched about them. Who were these people? So, today I went and looked. They were most likely chieftains and through their actions, they honored David and showed their support. Shobi most likely was the brother of Hanun. Machir was the man who housed the crippled son of Jonathan, Mephibosheth. Barzillai probably came from a family heritage of priests, who couldn't produce the paper document to back up their claim. But coming with supplies at his age showed his great respect and love for King David. Looking at these three individuals helped me to see that God will work through various people sometimes to supply our needs. I don't think they talked to each other and passed around a sign up list. And yet, I bet whatever they brought was just perfect... So, even in times of distress, God shows His love and care for David, as He will do the same for us!

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19 21 - Scripture on the Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment