Friday, June 19, 2020

Never Enough Time...

What a "date"...

Alan and I left early as we had an appointment at 4pm.

We had first wanted to see if there was a line for blood donation... and since it was a long line, we went for breakfast... I had found coupons for a breakfast shop near Nanhu Senior High School. While there, two of Alan's students walked in. They are now working at a real estate company right near the breakfast shop. We hung out and talked with them.

We had to get going as I wanted to mail a letter and get butter at Costco. No line at the Post Office. And it was a fast shopping trip at Costco.

While riding back with our milk, I saw a sign at the Brooks "Run Happy" Headquarters in Neihu. They were having a 'sample' sale. Alan was so nice and swung around so that I can go and "look". I was on my last pair of running shoes and when I walked in, I couldn't believe it. There was a long table with women's sample running shoes all in size 8.5, which is exactly my size. The first pair was marked down by 50% and if you buy a second pair, it would be an extra 50% off. If I spend more than 150US$, I get an extra 20US$ off. So, my looking turned into a SHOPPING SPREE. I bought seven pairs of the best 200US$ running shoes for only 250US$. Yes, you read that correctly. I bought seven pairs for a little more than ONE pair of shoes. It was amazing. And since we had milk, Alan went home after dropping me off at the blood donation mobile. There was no line!

I walked home! And on the way, I bought a drink. It was so hot!

I got back and had just a few minutes to rest and it was time for our appointment.

After the appointment, Mom was home and I had her dinner ready. Alan supervised as I went to Carrefour to buy more popsicles!

I had tutoring at 6:30 and I got back just one minute before the start of our tutoring session. I also got another 'writing' assignment! It is due by Monday morning! It's been quite enjoyable to write and get paid for it!

Tonight we had Family Time!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Proverbs 17:10
Image result for Proverbs 17:10 image | Wise words quotes ...
Another translation says, "A rebuke goes deeper into one who has understanding, than a hundred blows into a fool." Usually 39 blows are the limit for by the 40th, the individual might die. Thus, I thought, this verse means you can beat a fool until he dies and he still would not come to his senses. But for a person with understanding, simply a word of correction will turn him around.

Seek Him First!
God's plans Archives - A Work Of Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment