Thursday, June 18, 2020

Personal Retreat...

I stayed home and watched many videos that friends from the States have sent regarding the recent crisis in the States. I also sat and read and read and read... It was such a delightful day... Yes, it was hot and I think I would have enjoyed it more if the AC was on... But without AC, I totally didn't feel like eating... I had a Caesar's salad...

Mom came home and there is AC at the Center. So, that's a big plus...

Abby had a basketball game against the English Department's girls' team. They won by 5 and Abby made 5 points... 23-18! Low scoring game...

Isaiah had tennis practice this evening.

I went for a run after Mom was in bed... and then I went for a walk with my upstairs neighbor at 10pm when Abby headed out for her nightly run...

Alan was playing basketball. He loves it... He's so glad that they've started back!

I didn't have to edit anything... and no tutoring tonight... Although one mom asked me to continue my skype tutoring for the entire summer... I'm getting used to doing tutoring via Skype.

Daily Lovely Insight:

I was quite convicted while reading Timothy Keller's book, King's Cross. I don't face delays well... And the author reminded me that God's timing is not like ours... His delays are not delays... it's only a chance for us to experience something more than what we had expected! It's not about our happiness. It's about our character.

"And so often, if God seems to be unconscionably delaying his grace and committing malpractice in our life, it's because there is some crucial information that we don't yet have, some essential variable that's unavailable to us... Right now, is God delaying something in your life? Are you ready to give up? Are you impatient with him? The answer, as with Jairus, is to trust Jesus. Let us be conformed to his patience, that we might be made partakers of the resurrection."

I hope this will speak to your heart and soul and spirit.

Seek Him First!
Proverbs 19:21 Archives - Studio 1-37

No comments:

Post a Comment