Monday, June 22, 2020

Sweltering Hot... Melting Hot... Sizzling Hot...

I don't know how it can get any hotter... but it has... After June 21st, I think the heat just went up by two notches...

I searched for a gym that would do monthly membership with a treadmill because I don't think I can run in this heat. I tried to... and again... WOW... that's all I can say... I found one. It has only one treadmill. 35US$ a month! But it has all the machines! Abby found another one -- People Fitness. It's a little bit farther but only 20US$ a month with 8 treadmills. I'm going to check it out tomorrow! It's a 7 minute bike ride! YIPPY!

I rode Abby's scooter to get her speedometer fixed and got gas. Then headed to Costco to get hot dog buns. I stopped to get a meat bun and a bottle of ice coffee and it was time for tutoring.

I haven't seen this student for over a month, so it was great to catch up. The time went by way too fast!

I had to rush home in the traffic as Mom was due to be back at 5:10. I got a message at 5pm that they were running late. What an answer to prayer. I got home just five minutes before they showed up! Those precious five minutes gave me time to get Mom's dinner ready!

I had dinner prep for Alan's students who were coming over for pre-marital counseling. I was feeling so exhausted. I think it was the heat.

I also had a skype conversation to pray with the gal who is way too nervous about her upcoming oral defense... and then walked with my upstairs neighbor and prayed together. She needs the fellowship.

It was a long day...

Alan was at school. Abby had an exam. Isaiah had an exam and this evening he went to tutor!

This evening, we turned on the AC! With guests here, we broke down!

Daily Lovely Insight:

The book of hymns has been very inspirational. Today I read about the song, Just as I am... The author of that song was hesitating about receiving Jesus. While contemplating about waiting, God spoke to her heart, inviting her to come just as she was... She didn't need to wait until she was perfect or had figured everything out. She just needed to come. I think that's a message suitable for many people. Instead of wondering and waiting, they should hear God's gentle knocking and surrender their lives to Jesus. I shared with Alan's students that the best decision in their lives is NOT who they will marry, but to receive Jesus. Please pray for them.

Seek Him First!
Daily Verse – Proverbs 19:21 – Inspired Version



5 comments:

  1. Lovely don't over due the running in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE DID... And it's not July! And I am very cautious about over doing anything... I am not as young as I was before... And Mom Bea, any more update about Josh? Annie, Mom does not like the AC. She doesn't even like the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do... but when she comes and sits in the living room... she tells us to turn off the fan! We are sweating... like crazy!

    ReplyDelete