Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Gift of the Sabbath!

I love having a weekly Sabbath!

The weather was raining and cloudy early this morning... but I decided to run later. I took the clothes down and put things away!

I got Mom up and out.

Then I sat and read and I took a nap! It was a delightful nap! When I finally opened my eyes, it was almost 11am!

I had to get my run in and I wanted to run the hills.

After I finished, I grabbed my stuff and went to try to get Alan's scooter and car insurance information updated. I could not get it done. We will have to go to a Cathay Bank that has an insurance agent, but I can do it in January, before Alan takes off! I went to WGE and took a shower. The trainer had a client, so we didn't have time to talk. I then went to the new Carrefour and got several items. The store is very nice! I'll go again, definitely!

I got home at 4pm and found all these great things in the recycling bin! And I packed two bags of things to give away. They were picked up this evening! And I put up lights for Alan. He has always wanted Christmas lights, so I finally got some and hung them in the living room! They look very nice, very festive, very Christmas-like!

I had Bible study at 9pm after I got Mom to bed.

Sabbath goes by so quickly and I so enjoy the day... I can hardly wait until next Thursday!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!


2 comments:

  1. Glad lights are up since Alan always wanted some. He should have bought them years ago and put them up. There is something very wonderful about Christmas lights. Enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete