Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Happy Birthday, Abby... And... Running at the Park... No Hills Today! My Legs Are Boycotting Hills...

Here's Abby's Recap/Newsletter:

    As you know, I started DTS in Freiburg in September of 2022. And as part of DTS, there is an outreach phase. So, in January and Feburary I was in Chile and Argentina with a team of 7. We traveled to 7-8 locations, doing children and youth activitieshome visitations, plus lots of worship, prayer walks, and preaching in neighborhoods and churches. Everywhere we went, we were listening to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I believe we blessed many lives and encouraged many believers to stay strong in this walk with God. Many pastors and leaders of the church really welcomed us. I even got to preach for the first time during this trip. God used us in many wonderful ways.

    In March, I graduated from our DTS with my fellow classmates. I felt that God wasn’t saying to go back to Taiwan so I started to pray for where I should go. God led me to Hope Mountain in Brazil. I didn’t understand why was it Brazil since they speak Portuguese. In my head, my dream was to be a missionary in South America, preferably a Spanish speaking country. But God always surprises us, right? Hope Mountain habeen my home since March of 2023. In my limited abilities and God’s unlimited power, I’ve built blessed relationships with people from different churches, as well as the staff and the boys who liveat Hope MountainOver these past few months, even though some boys come and go, but overall, they are like my brothers and family to me. 

    The biggest lesson God taught me is that I am NOT in control. I must rely on God. The transition from YWAM, Germany to Hope Mountain, Brazil wasn’t easy, just like moving from Taiwan to Germany. Just when I thought I was settling in, I moved to a different place. I was getting along really well with Calvary Chapel, Freiburg, Germany. But then I had to say my goodbyes. People welcomed me in Brazil. Everyone thinks I’m Japanese. Learning Portuguese has been one of the most difficult things to overcome. Another thing has been loneliness as it’s pretty isolated where I live. God continues to be gracious with me through Aunt Corenne and many people here who take good care of me. Sometimes, the situations speaks louder than the Holy Spirit. But God waits for me to calm down and He speaks, comforts, and guides me under His wings once more. That’s my recap. It’s already mid-November, but I know lots will happen before the end of 2023. God is NOT done yet! I’ll be going to a Taylor Swift concert, not to mention Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year! All glory and honor belong to the One who made the heavens and earth.

 

Personal Verse for 2024:

But we are the children of the day; let us be vigilant in our minds and put on the breastplate of faith and of love and let us take the helmet of the hope of Life.

I Thessalonians 5:8

 

Two things that I’m looking forward to in 2024:

After getting my visa to stay in Brazil (I'm speaking in faith!), I can then take a trip to Taipei! I looking forward to improveing my Portuguese so that I can better communicate with others.

 

Prayer Requests for 2024:

1.          Get my Volunteering Visa so that I can stay in Brazil.

2.         Have more wisdom to guide Bella in her studies. 

3.         Start serving in different ministries at church!

4.         Start driving in Brazil!

5.         Start fundraising and write my newsletters again. 

6.         Abide in Christ always.

7.    Continue to lose weight.

As for me, I was up several times... as I did go to bed by 9pm!

I had my time with Jesus... I just love that early morning hour.

I started with the housework that I didn't get to last night, such as doing a load of laundry and cooking and baking!

Before I could finish, it was time to get Mom up and ready and out to catch the van!

After she left, I was out for my riverside park run! Yes, no hills today! I did 15k, an easy run, just to get my legs moving!

I was back and no messages from the Day Care Center, no surprise phone calls! 

I had a nice late lunch and a short nap, then prep for my tutoring session. 

I hadn't been at WGE for two days, so off I went. And again I saw the trainer/manager and he promised to be at church on Sunday! Please pray for him. The company sets a very high monthly quota for him. But he is not feeling stressed... Praise the Lord!

I was back at home and took out the gifts that need to be wrapped for Saturday's White Elephant Party.

Tutoring started at 3:30 and I went just a bit late... So, I had to rush to get Mom's dinner ready as the van is always so on time!

Family Time tonight! And it was Abby's birthday! The box I sent arrived, but she has to go pay a fee to get it out! And the Taylor Swift Concert was absolutely spectacular... and Aunty Corenne lavished her with so many gifts and memorabilia! 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think she had a wonderful birthday celebration... Aunty Corenne spoils her, just like you!

      Delete