Saturday, November 25, 2023

Happy Birthday, Isaiah! Happy Thanksgiving!

Yes, here is the next "Reflection Newsletter" from Isaiah! And it's his birthday! We went out to celebrate as I had arranged a helper to be here. But Mom was not her normal self... She had diarrhea and she had a huge bowel movement! So, I had no idea what was going on. We didn't go out too far... We had lunch at a steakhouse... it was ok... nothing fancy. Then we went bowling. That was fun! We didn't go to this huge bowling alley that was out in Chungli. We went to our old favorite in Shihlin... The YUANSHAN BOWLING ALLEY! Then we played a few games of basketball and darts! We were home early... and Mom was back in bed, resting! She didn't want to talk or eat or drink anything! Isaiah thinks that if she rests, she will bounced back tomorrow... as she has done many many times before!

Isaiah

2023 Recap:

I started my Taiwan mandatory Military Service on 12/29/2023 and then after boot camp, I was appointed to the Taoyuan Artillery Base. When that finished in April, I continued my application process and sent out nine applications to various local Management Associate Programs with different Financial Institutions. I was called back for several interviews, but was finally offered a position with one of the major insurance companies in Taiwan, NanShan Corp. 


Since I got a full-time job, I decided to use some of my savings to buy a new scooter, which I’ve named Indigo! Before starting my job on July 3rd, (Tough Grandpa’s birthday), Mom and I went for a quick trip to the States. It was great to see my cousins and my aunts and uncles and my Grandma Bea, and their new house in El Cajon! Because of Covid, I have not traveled to the States for the past three years, so it was especially wonderful (and I’m not sure when I’ll be able to have another three-week holiday once my full-time job has started!). There are 14 others who have started with me. We have become close friends and enjoy working together. These past few months have been busy with presentations, classes, exams, and reports to prepare.

Bible Passage for 2024:

Psalm 121:1-4

 I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 

 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. 

 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 

 Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

 

Prayer requests for 2024 and what I am looking forward to in the New Year!

1. In January, we will be assigned a certain job rotation. Who will be at the same department with me and what will my supervisor be like? What will be my new responsibilities?

2. Dad and Mom are thinking about helping me with a down payment for a property in Taipei as an investment. I would pay the monthly mortgage payment and that will be a wonderful way to help me to put my salary in something that will have a good return. Where should we invest? And who will we rent it to?

3. Since I’ve started working full time, I have eaten out with my colleagues quite a bit and we have monthly parties. I also don’t exercise as much, so I think I need to lose a bit of weight in 2024 and get down to maybe 73kgs. 

4. I think I should start dating again. Of course, Mom and Dad would like for me to date someone who is a believer. I don’t see anyone at HOP and the gals I work with are all not yet believers.

5. Currently, I serve on the Worship Team and also help to translate. I am considering how to be more involved at House of Praise in 2024.

6. What am I looking forward to? I don’t think I will have too many days off, but perhaps I can plan a trip overseas, if I combine all my days off. I’d love to catch a TWICE concert, although that seems quite impossible. The tickets are outrageous and I would have to take a trip to Korea. I can always HOPE!

7. Dad and I have started on a Navigator Discipleship video study and will continue in 2024. 

 

Daily Lovely Insight:

I love all the verses about giving thanks... 

Seek Him First!

1 comment: