Saturday, September 30, 2023

HOP Family BBQ

I went out for a run and went to WGE for a shower and my usual short workout... 

I had reserved a helper to come at 11am as we planned to join some of the HOP members who were camping out in Miaoli at the Magpie Camp Site.

So... I did a load of laundry and got Mom's food ready. Then it was Mom care. I made sure to trim her nails. 

The helper was a bit late, but we were off by 11:20!

We stopped in Hsinchu at the Costco, hoping to get canned whipped cream. NOTHING!

So, we just went straight to the camp site with a quick stop to get Alan some 'breakfast'. We know the feasting will start for dinner!

Isaiah and I walked around and played five holes of a miniature golf course. Alan hung out at the camp site, helping to set up tents, etc. We also got ourselves some coffee and chicken nuggets. At 4:30, Alan and I gathered the couples and had a Marriage Builders Activity. The cooking started at 6pm and boy, was there a lot of food... and all very very yummy! Sliders, scallops, Wellington steak, hot pot, Italian spaghetti, Japanese sushi, Chinese dumplings, desserts, drinks... We stayed until 9:30 and Alan had to drive home. He was tired! We got back at around 11pm and I put everything away before going to bed! What a great day!

Daily Lovely Insight:

I pray that as people in Taiwan are out, gazing and admiring the beams of the moonlight, they would realize and give glory to God, the Maker of Heaven and Earth! For His Creation proclaim the work of His hands!

Seek Him First!

4 comments:

  1. After all that eating and Alan had to drive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly... the food was so good... I should add a picture or two... Next weekend is our HOP Retreat. I will have a helper again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh GOOD !!!! Get more helper, no matter the cost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome camping time. Did you guys sleep in tents?

    ReplyDelete