Monday, September 25, 2023

Special Monday, Special Olympics!

The Chargers Game was at 1am, so Alan was up at 12:45. Isaiah had set up the TV stuff at 8pm on Sunday when we came home from church and after dinner! They are so into it... at least the team won! Again, it was a nail biter!

I got up at 4am and went out at 5:25. Alan and Isaiah were back in bed!

After I got home, I started to work, helping my students edit their application since the WiFi was on! I got Mom up and out and continued. 

Alan went off to school and I used the rest of the morning to pack things up that will be sent in boxes on Tuesday. I ordered the boxes and did housework. It was so hot inside the house! 

At 12:30, I took off to participate in the opening ceremony of the Winter Special Olympics in Taipei! It's the tryouts. I was with a group of special guests! When that finished, I headed back home, stopping at WGE. So, two things happened today: while doing the recycling, I ran into the mother of the daughter who committed suicide in our complex. She looks better, but she now has become a Buddhist. She is home to be with her daughter and she talks to her daughter throughout the day. It makes up for her not being there before she killed herself. She owes her that now. As we talked, I told her to read Streams in the Desert. She recalls that book when she got divorced. I think the Buddhist reading has only brought her down. She immediately said she will read Streams in the Desert as it helped her through a difficult time. She needs to grieve, I know that. But what is happening to her is not healthy at all. The second thing is when I went to WGE, I saw one of the trainers. He was the one who got baptized. And he shared about a recent fight with his wife. Through our short conversation, he realized that he needs to keep his heart at peace with God and not let the situation entrap him to distance himself from her. So, my usual 20 minutes turned out to be longer. 

I rushed home and started sorting through all the books that people dropped off to send to the Philippines! Wow... I had to make several trips to the car. I also had things to donate.

I walked into the house and put the food in the microwave and the phone rings. Mom is back!

Tap was tonight!

Isaiah was at work and then went to get his haircut.

Alan was at school all day!

Daily Lovely Insight:

Pin on Faith & Inspirations

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

4 comments: