Monday, September 11, 2023

Football Monday!

We were all up early... but for different reasons.

Alan and Isaiah were up early to watch the Chargers game... NOT ME!

I was up at my usual time... and went out for my run... it was so nice and cool -- 22! I only did 10k and came back. They were still planted in front of the TV.

I showered and got Mom up and out.

Then I started... I finished the Discipleship training talk notes and ppt. I finished the Sunday prayer walk notes and ppt. I finished next Sunday's talk notes and started on the ppt.

At 12:30 I had lunch and I registered for the run! I did... 

At 2:30, I went out and paid for the run -- 71US$ or 2130NT$. There's no turning back! It's on January 6th, Saturday, 63.4 km up and down the mountain!

I went to WGE and came home to make Mom's dinner and her bed. 

Elaine came over at 3:30 to share and pray and Mom was back by 5:10!

Elaine left at 6:15 and Alan came home! Isaiah also came home.

I had made chicken for them plus noodles. They said dinner was delicious.

I had tap dancing tonight. I stayed until 8:30 and came home. 

Blogged and tided up the house and I was in bed by 9:45!

Alan went to bed at 6:45! He said he was just going to rest as I was leaving the house for my tap dancing class. I came home and he was fast asleep! 

Oh yes, school started today for Alan!

Lovely Daily Insight:

Jesus was troubled in spirit... He knew one of his disciples was going to betray him. I don't think it was just the knowing that troubled him. I think it was because of the person!

Judas was a trusted disciple, someone Jesus loved, or else why would he have the money purse? Judas was a trusted disciple, someone Jesus loved, because he betrayed Jesus with a kiss, a sign of intimacy. Finally, Judas was a trusted disciple, someone Jesus loved, because Jesus said that the person I dip the bread and feed it to is the person who will betray me. That action of giving a bite to someone showed closeness. And I believe that's why Judas' betrayal was one of the most difficult kind to face! To be betrayed by someone who is close to you!

What do you think?

Seek Him First!

4 comments:

  1. How many classes is he teaching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually going to give the details about Alan's teaching schedule, because it is the same as before he retired, meaning, he can't help with Mom much! Or rather, he doesn't really want to help with the care of Mom!

      Delete
  2. You've had a long and productive day! Chargers lost... I was really really really sad... Great inside on John 13. Guess what? I'm also on John 13 on my daily devotional! That's cool, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those insights were great, too... Maybe when you read John 13, you'll see more!

    ReplyDelete