Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Blistering Heat!

Last night after coming home from Tap, I found two fans in the recycling area. I washed them and they work really well... 

Oh... yes, I got up early and on my way to the kitchen to grab my coffee before my time with Jesus, I smelled something very bad coming from my mom's room. She was again 'alert' last night. I could not, for the life of me, lift her up to put a diaper or a pad under her. I just stood there and prayed.

After my quiet time, I went out for my usual 10k. I took a shower and got Mom up and into the shower and stripped the bed and sprayed the room! It's airing out now!

Mom went off and I worked on my final talk for the month of September. I finished the talk notes and the ppt!

Sitting in the dining room, working, I could feel the blistering heat outside!

Some of you asked about Alan's schedule. It's almost exactly the same as when he was teaching 'full-time' at Soochow: four hours on Monday, six hours on Tuesday, and two hours on Thursday. He used to have four hours on Thursday for a total of 14. Now he has only 12 hours. He still plays basketball on Thursday evening. He still has an evening class on Tuesday. That's why he won't be able to help much with my Mom. I have to limit my tutoring time as I have to be home to pick Mom up each evening. He can help on Wednesday and Friday, but he wants to be 'retired', meaning he wants to go play tennis on a more regular basis! Since his hourly wages is low, I can tutor one hour which is equivalent to his two hours of teaching. So, if I just tutor 6 hours a week, I would be earning the same amount of money as what he makes at Soochow! And that's what I have right now -- about 24 hours a month of tutoring! 

At 2:30, I went out to WGE and came home by 3:20 as tutoring started at 3:30.

Two things I have started to do "recently" which helps my sanity in caring for my mom are: 1. I take out the diaper trash every morning. I just can't stand the smell of urine and with the heat of summer, it reeks. Now, I got paper bags as I was trying to save planet Earth by limiting the use of plastic bags, and wrap up the diaper and toss it in the community bin every morning! 2. I have become very intentional about keeping my Sabbath. Every Thursday I take those 7 hours and I slow down. The first one I started only since late August. The second one I started back at the beginning of this year. It wasn't consistent at first, but since August, I have scheduled it for Thursday!

This evening, I was going to have my Bible study, but it got canceled as three sisters couldn't make it.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Seek Him First!

6 comments:

  1. why doesn't Alan just teach less?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... You earn the same as dad if you teach half the time he teaches? I don't know if that's a good thing or a weird thing... Maybe dad should tutor... 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His hourly is 687$. My hourly tutoring is 1200$ to 1500$!

      Delete
    2. That's crazy!!! Are you sure Dad doesn't want to tutor??? XD

      Delete
  3. He likes being at Soochow... play basketball, see people... his usual syllabus... He does not want to tutor... and he is retired... he should enjoy doing things that he likes...

    ReplyDelete