Thursday, September 28, 2023

Planned Silent Retreat!

I have wanted to have a personal silent retreat this year... And with Alan having a day off, I planned it for today. BUT, I learned that I will have to make adaptations to it next time. Let me back track first...

I went out and God again did it... as soon as I stepped out, the rain started. I ran into the same neighbor and we had the same dialogue. I was thrilled for it to be raining as the forecast had reported no rain!

As I got into the park, another neighbor came up behind me. I don't like to run with others, but this neighbor is fast and his easy is my fast! So, it was good training as I again ran faster for the entire 10k.

After I got home, I showered and had time to talk to Alan. He hadn't left yet... so perfect! We prayed together as we do that daily! I got every thing ready for Mom as Alan will be doing the evening routine, except for the bedtime routine!

He left and I got Mom up and out! I packed up everything I needed, got the house tidied up, did a walk through to make sure things were set and took off.

First stop, Carrefour... nothing fun to buy. Then WGE, that was fast and ran into a lady that I've been encouraging. She experienced a personal miracle! YEAH!

Then I scootered to Beitou where the resort was located. I just trusted God to lead as I had looked at the names of the roads... and I got up there without any problem.

Now... the outdoor spa is really outdoors... no awning... and it was hot. So, I sat in the lobby... and that's the first change I'd make. This resort is busy! And the lobby is small! It wasn't quite quiet enough for me. But I sat and read and ate my snacks while people came and went. At 4pm, I finally went out and soaked in the spa area while they had an outdoor BBQ party with MUSIC. HILARIOUS! Their meals are expensive and not what I'd like. So, after a soak, I went back into the lobby and they had all these expensive lotions that you can sample. Luxurious! Then I went down the mountain to McDonald's and bought my cheeseburger, fries and drink. The evening was cooler and the moon was so beautiful! I was home by 8pm!

So, what about my Silent Retreat? I had no WiFi, unlike being at home. The hotel had WiFi, which I could log into. But instead, I sat in the lobby and finished two books -- the Still Hour and 50 People Every Christians Should Know. These books are fabulous. They affirmed what the LORD has been putting upon my heart --long communion with God is a must!

What I love about today? The Spa was only about 30 minutes from our house. The other spa was a 90 minute scooter ride! I didn't run into anyone I know. The lobby had AC and comfy sofas. I brought my favorite snacks. The jacuzzi was relaxing. They had about 8 different hot spring tubs to soak in.

What I would change for next time? A place that is less busy. A place that had a nice coffee shop or a bigger lobby. A few more hours. (I only had about 10 hours and I think 12 will be better!)

I will definitely plan another one... maybe in January of 2024! The point of a Silent Retreat is to put away the cell phone and don't answer messages or text people. It's a time to focus on listening to God, so there isn't conversation with people. It's an extended time of 'sitting at the feet of Jesus'. I would recommend this to every believer!

Isaiah had work and then went to play basketball.

Alan had a free day.

Daily Lovely Insight:

Another George H. Morrison sermon points on Peter sinking:

Peter began to sink in familiar waters.

Peter began to sink after loyal discipleship.

Peter began to sink on a permitted path.

Peter began to sink when he began to fear.

When Peter began to sink, his Savior was not far away.

How encouraging these points are to me, especially the second one! How about you? Which one struck you the most?

There are a few others that I will try to find:

The Refusals of Christ

The Lonely People of the Gospel (Mary, the loneliness of love; Thomas, the loneliness of doubt; Judas, the loneliness of sin)

Seek Him First!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's practicing to listen to God... What's upon His heart? How to pray according to His will?

      Delete
  2. Not quite silent enough MUSIC????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out that the dinner was not for the restaurant but for a company that had booked the entire garden area for a company BBQ with KTV and dancing!

      Delete
  3. Praise God that He is never far away. Nice retreat time! I’m jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those points fabulous? And it was a wonderful retreat... You can begin by fasting from your cell phone and computer! Try that!

      Delete