Sunday, April 23, 2023

Restful Sunday!

I went to cheer on my students who ran the 21k and it was right at the park where I usually run!

I then went and did a quick workout. One of the churches here near our house was sponsoring a blood donation activity, so I went and donated blood. Then I was home to get Mom up!

Church was at 2:15 and I spoke on The Gift of the Sabbath, Part III! After church, I had a Finance Meeting at 7pm.

Daily Lovely Insight:

 Here are the 7 Broad Strokes about the Gift of Sabbath:

1.  Take time for sheer inactivity! 

        KEY: BE STILL! 

2.  Take time for contemplative rest! 

        KEY: It is good!

3.  Take time for recreation and ‘enjoyment’ rest! 

        KEY: Refreshes!

4.  Take time for nurture relationships. 

        KEY: Energizes, not depletes!

5.  Take time for an extended feeding of your spirit. 

        KEY: Know God!

6.  Take time for battery charging, replenishing. 

        KEY: Understand yourself!

7.  Take time for breaking free from being a slave. 

        KEY: Christ has set us free!

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

2 comments:

  1. YOU??? The GIFT of being still??? HAHAHAHA sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being still... I love 'inactivity'.

    ReplyDelete