Thursday, April 6, 2023

Wishful Thinking... Celebrating Maundy Thursday!

I was like... Mom is back at the Day Care Center... I will have time to REST! Nap, eat bonbons... put my feet up, do nothing... 

In my dreams!

I had a load of wash to put away, things to clean up and sort through as I didn't get to do that during the 'vacation'. I also got three more bags of stuff from someone who left them at my scooter! It did not rain, so I just ran my 11km and went to WGE for 20 minutes.

I came back and order boxes for donation to the Philippines. And then... I thought... I'm going to go to Ms. Hsieh for a massage. And that's what I did! Two hours... Then it was rushing around to get errands done, including picking up my glasses. I love them! And I had to call the Agencies to arrange for help as I bought my ticket last night. I bought the ticket for Isaiah and I. Direct flight! EXPENSIVE! But I hit 'confirm' and paid in full! 

We'll be in the States for 16 days... from June 15th to June 30th. Actually, we have to be at the airport on the 29th as the flight is 00:15 on the 30th, which is just past midnight! And we arrive back early morning of July 1st. And Isaiah is hopefully going to start his full time job on July 3rd (Tough Grandpa's birthday). 

Now, the fees for the helper are ridiculous! 195NT$ to change the diaper, 195NT$ to sit and have breakfast with my mom, 520NT$ for shower, 195NT$ to take my mom to walk 20 meters to take the van! I couldn't believe it. Now... for two hours of government subsidized which include everything except taking her out for a walk is only 123NT$. So... I have to rework the strategy. I'm going to ask Alan to take Mom to the Day Care Center for one week. The next week when he has summer classes, I will have to self pay and ask for no shower. One hour, for no shower, is already outrageous -- 520NT$! I'm trying to stream line... No breakfast... Just give Mom a glass of milk! Change diaper, walk 20meters to catch the van -- 520NT$ a day! 

I will have to buy Abby's ticket when I know her plans. 

Annie was good to make an appointment for me at the DMV so that I can renew my driver's license. It expired last December. 

After Mom went to bed, I did my Bible study and at 9pm, friends came over to pick up things for their ministry house. I gave away three fans, three lamps, knives, two hair dryers, dishes, small appliances, such as a rice cooker, a waffle maker, etc., three thick blankets, one feather pillow... and the list goes on! Yes... I had that much stuff stored to give away. 

Daily Lovely Insight:

Maundy Thursday 2023, 2024, 2025, & 2026: Date, History, Significance,  Celebration, Wishes

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

2 comments: