Sunday, April 16, 2023

Energized Sunday!

Because of the run, I did not sleep well... I was too hyped up! So, throughout the day, I had to take short power naps. 

Mom was up and enjoyed her food!

I went for a walk and the park had another run -- 10k and 21k -- plus booths with lots of free stuff! It was so hot and there were so many people!

Alan and Isaiah played tennis this morning!

At 2:15, we headed out to church. Alan had gone to school at 10:30 as he was asked to be involved in the students/parents orientation for high schoolers who are considering Soochow as one of their choices. They have not had these events for a while because of Covid. So, the turnout today was quite good!

I spoke on Part 2 of The Gift of the Sabbath! I love sharing!

We came home and had dinner and I put Mom to bed.

I then worked on finishing my talk notes and ppt for April 23rd!

I also painted the back wall of the bathroom cabinet with paint I found down in the recycling! It turned out really well. It was a nice thick paint with no smell and quick drying! It was a pleasant "sabbath day" activity! Very therapeutic! The wall was yucky from mold and now it looks so great!


Daily Lovely Insight:

I will end my talk next week with this:

The old Puritan commentator John Owen described five features of this (Sabbath) rest for the (New Testament) believer:

· Rest means peace with God.

· Rest means freedom from a servile, bondage-like spirit in the worship and service 

        of God.

· Rest means deliverance from the burden of Mosaic observance.

· Rest means the freedom of worship according to the Gospel.

· Rest means the rest that God Himself enjoys.

Seek Him First!

Jeremiah 29:11 - Best Bible Verse - Bible Verse Images

2 comments:

  1. I hope you threw out some of the very expired stuff back there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did for the last cleaning... that's why I wanted to paint that wall!

    ReplyDelete